Can’t download any files

by s1tm6kvqrbzf

Original Post

Re: Community file download error - owner deleted files

Community Manager

Hey, all. We've seen reports on our EA Madden NFL forums of players being able to download and use rosters. The team has been working on it and there have been some improvements but it's still under investigation, so it's not officially fixed yet. We'll continue to update this thread as we hear more. Thank you for your patience on this.

Blueberry.png
Message 81 of 91 (11,841 Views)

Re: Community file download error - owner deleted files

★★★ Novice

I was able to download freely at around 11am central time on my PS4. 

Message 82 of 91 (11,805 Views)

Madden 20 Community Files Download Error(only on some files) "Please try again"

★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? TriableArcher54
Date/time issue occurred for the last 2 months to currently
What type of issue do you have? Exploit
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
What is your Franchise League Name? none
Summarize your bug In community files when I try to download certain rosters/draft classes an error message will pop up saying "An error has occurred while downloading the file. Please try again." No matter how many times I try the same thing will pop up and will not download. The thing is, is that this doesn't happen to every community file, I can successfully download most files and I only get this problem with some of the files(not all) that I've downloaded in the past(made by different creators too).
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Im not sure you can make it happen yourself
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant download the file and a message that says "an error has occurred while downloading the file. Please try again."
What do you expect to see? download complete and a downloaded roster in my files
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

I have tried fixing this by Clearing local saved game data "delete all", local and cloud saved data "everything", and even cleared all local saved data on the entire xbox. I've also tried by deleting every downloaded and save file on my madden game. I also uninstalled the game, reset my internet, and tried again the next day and nothing will fix it. This first started about 2 months ago when I tried to update one of my downloaded rosters but I kept getting an error so I deleted it and downloaded it again but when I tried to load the roster it wasn't listed under load and delete files so I tried to download it again and the error popped up every time I kept trying. One thing i've noticed is that no matter what save files I delete, it still shows a history of downloads in "my downloads" so I think the problem might be from there. I haven't seen anyone with this specific problem where you have errors downloading community files but only on some files.

Message 83 of 91 (11,707 Views)

Re: Madden 20 Community Files Download Error(only on some files) "Please tr

★ Novice

I Followed the steps listed below as instructed and still didnt help. One thing I did was signed into a different xbox account and used a different EA account and the downloads worked so I think this is a problem with my EA account but there is no way to sign out of the EA account on madden.

CLEAR ALTERNATE MAC ADDRESS
1. Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternative Mac Address > Clear
2. After this shut down the console, disconnect the power cord from the back of the Xbox One and wait two minutes.
3. Once the two minutes have passed, plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from White to Orange.
4. Once the brick is Orange, start your console.
POWERCYCLE XBOX ONE
Follow these steps to power cycle your Xbox One Console:
1. While the console is on, press and hold the console's Xbox button for 5 seconds.
2. The console will power down.
3. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn your console back on by again pressing the Xbox button.
CHANGE PRIVACY SETTINGS
1. From the Home Screen, using the controller scroll left to the navigation pane.
2. Scroll down to Settings Icon.
3. In the Setting menu scroll down to Account.
4. Under Account, select Family.
5. Enter the password or passkey.
6. Select the account that you want to update.
7. Select the category of settings you want to update, such as Privacy & online safety.
8. Select the Adult defaults.
9. Toggle back to Child defaults and then finally back to Adult defaults once more.
10. Powercyle the console to complete the troubleshooting.
REMOVING GAMERTAG
1. From the Home Screen, using the controller scroll left to the navigation pane.
2. Scroll down to Settings Icon.
3. In the Setting menu scroll down to Account.
4. Select Remove accounts.
5. Select the account that you want to remove.
6. Select Remove to confirm.
7. When you're finished, select Close.
RE-ADDING GAMERTAG
2. Select Sign in.
3. Scroll down to Add & Manage.
4. Select Add new.
5. Type the email address or phone number you use to sign in to your Microsoft account.
6. Enter your password. If you've forgotten it, select I forgot my password, and then follow the instructions to recover your account.
7. Review the privacy statement summary, and then select Next.
8. Select your Sign-in and security preferences.
9. Check out how you look on Xbox, and then select Next.
10. Choose your colour, and then select Next.
Note: The preference that you're currently using at home appears with a checked box.
Refer these steps and perform ROUTER BYPASS.
Walk for bypassing the router. Completely disconnect the router from the modem and console. Turn off and unplug the modem. Turn off the console. Plug the ethernet or LAN cable directly from the modem into your console. Turn the modem back on. When lights on the front of the modem begin flashing again, turn your console back on and test the connection.
Message 84 of 91 (11,657 Views)

Re: Madden 20 Community Files Download Error(only on some files) "Please tr

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I want to download one of the 2020 draft classes but get this error. Multiple draft files from different creators didn't work. I deleted my existing drafts and and franchises they used those drafts but still can't download a draft file. Either from within the franchise or outside it in the general settings.

Update: tried another Xbox account and i was able to download the draft class. Appears related to my original account's metadata. Maybe related to my downloads? Ive downloaded a number of draft classes before. Also, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game which did nothing.

Message 85 of 91 (11,643 Views)

Can't Download Draft Community Rosters

★★★ Newbie

Hey Guys,

I'm struggling to download Draft Community Rosters right now on my Franchise Mode (I play the offline version), every one I download it shows as the same roster (ie. download TFG2020Rookies and Trevor Lawrence shows up). I'll download other rosters and it will load and say complete and then the same Trevor Lawrence draft board shows up. The players aren't changing when I switch and download the other rosters. Has anyone else run into this? I play on Xbox One.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 86 of 91 (11,552 Views)

Madden 20 Xbox One download issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm an Xbox One player that likes to frequent the Community Files area.  I can apparently download them, but the roster files don't appear in my Downloaded Roster section and the custom draft classes don't appear in the downloaded draft classes area.  They download, but are stuck in My Downloads with no way to actually use them.  Any advice would be appreciated 

The last Community file to download properly for me was in February.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Madden 20, but it just isn't doing anything

Message 87 of 91 (11,536 Views)

Unable to download community files

★★★ Newbie

I can’t download any Community files, as it either says there was an error in downloading or that the file was removed by the creator. Any suggestions?

Message 88 of 91 (11,231 Views)

Downloads

★★★ Newbie

Ugh! I am trying to download more custom draft classes. One always says error and the others always say download complete but I have no option to load them! Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Message 89 of 91 (10,751 Views)

Can’t download any files

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Na
Date/time issue occurred Last weeek
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug Can’t download any files or save any files from files
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Downloading any files or save any files
What happens when the bug occurs? Error occurred while downloading the file
What do you expect to see? Files
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. None
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Na
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

Can’t download any files 

already talked with customer service twice said it was a bug on my account.   

Message 90 of 91 (10,575 Views)