Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? LanzeraND
Date/time issue occurred 03/12/2020 All Day
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
What is your Franchise League Name? Deleted
Summarize your bug I was trying to download a user created Draft Class and it gave an error that it was removed by the creator. I tried multiple others and received the same message. I then tried other files (i.e. rosters, playbooks, and sliders) and continued to receive the same error.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to download any community file.
What happens when the bug occurs? An error message stating the the file was deleted by the creator.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to download shared content.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. N/A
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB N/A

N/A

Message 1 of 91 (28,459 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Community file download error - owner deleted files

★★ Novice

SOLUTION - 

• Moved all Madden 20 game data and saves to the Xbox One Hard Drive from my External Hard Drive
  • Went to Manage Game and Add-ons
  • Selected Saved Data
  • Selected Delete All
  • Restarted the game and Downloaded the files from the community and they showed up and were able to be loaded.

Thanks for all the different possible solutions that I sifted through on the forum.  I was unhappy that I lost an entire season and much more from deleting my save, but now everything works.

View in thread

Message 2 of 91 (28,381 Views)

All Replies

Re: Community file download error - owner deleted files

★★ Novice

SOLUTION - 

• Moved all Madden 20 game data and saves to the Xbox One Hard Drive from my External Hard Drive
  • Went to Manage Game and Add-ons
  • Selected Saved Data
  • Selected Delete All
  • Restarted the game and Downloaded the files from the community and they showed up and were able to be loaded.

Thanks for all the different possible solutions that I sifted through on the forum.  I was unhappy that I lost an entire season and much more from deleting my save, but now everything works.

Message 2 of 91 (28,382 Views)

Error when downloading community files

★★ Novice

I'm playing on the PC. Am currently unable to download any community created draft roster. When I try I will either get a message saying the user has deleted the file or it will tell me I have already downloaded the file, if I then ask to overwrite it will always tell the owner of the file has deleted it, if I save as a new file it will open a random older and completely unrelated draft roster that I have saved in my files. 

Message 3 of 91 (28,432 Views)

Betreff: Error when downloading community files

★★ Novice

Same Problem. Whats wrong EA?

Message 4 of 91 (28,393 Views)

★ Guide

I've been trying to contact EA Help/Madden & this website for a while about the same thing.  There's been problems with the Community Downloads for quite a while and effects a large portion of users.

Just recently in the past month - the Community Downloads started giving out new errors talking about "The File Can't Be Downloaded Because It Was Removed By The Creator."  The files are not removed at all.  I attached a .jpg to this post of what I'm talking about.  So many users are having this problem but nothing from EA Help or the Madden crew yet.  It's frustrating.

Message 5 of 91 (28,377 Views)

★★ Novice

Angry its * frustrating. I wont play the Draft with any Names. I want draft Tua, not Schmidt. 

Message 6 of 91 (28,353 Views)

can't load downloaded roster

★★ Novice

I have a few issues that I think are related to others' issue with not being able to download rosters.  

When I go to the community site to download a roster, if I select a Roster and download, it doesn't matter which one, I get a response that say the roster was removed/deleted by the author/creator.  I tried at least a dozen and they all say the same thing.

I wondered if it was a permission issue; I checked multiple places because xbox/Microsoft can't just make it easy, and everything looked like it was wide open.

I tried again, and lo-and-behold, I was able to download a roster.   I didn't want to jinx it, so I exited out, and went back to setting to load the newly downloaded roster.  It was indeed there, and I selected it - and got a confirmation that the roster was loaded.  Yay!

I then went to Exhibition but no new Roster was loaded?  Huh?  

I tried to reload the Roster and again, got positive confirmation, went back to Exhibition, but again - it was just the generic roster that comes default with the game.

I then went back to Community and tried to re-download Rosters, again was frustrated once again with "Roster was removed/deleted by author/creator".  Geez....this shouldn't be this hard!?

I've cycled power on the unit multiple times.  I've logged in/logged-off multiple times.  

Any help/ideas/suggestions?

Message 7 of 91 (27,241 Views)

Will not let me download Community Rosters

★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to download one of the “all-time legends” community rosters, it either says The file cannot be downloaded because it has been removed by its creator, or it downloads but doesn’t let me load it as my current roster.  This roster was featured in a bleacher report article recently so I highly doubt it was removed by the creator. 

Message 8 of 91 (27,235 Views)

Re: Will not let me download Community Rosters

★★★ Newbie

I've been having this issue too.

Today, on a hunch I decided to click on "View Creator's Files" instead of just downloading. Once I got to the file I wanted it actually downloaded without an issue.

Give it a shot!

Message 9 of 91 (27,185 Views)

Re: Will not let me download Community Rosters

★ Novice

Huh, this worked for me lol.

Message 10 of 91 (26,931 Views)