[Common] Sims Canceling Actions

by Hroun_88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Common] Sims Canceling Actions

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Might not only apply to island counters, but when sims are told to clean up dishes, they pick up the first dish, idle for a few seconds (failing while calculating a path, I assume) then place down the plate in either the same location or on another counter. Have yet to witness this occurance on normal dining tables. This doesn't only affect the active sim, but all sims on the lot including the maid.

Message 1 of 22 (22,098 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Common] Sims Canceling Actions

Hero

I'm closing and removing this report since there are individual reports for almost all the ones mentioned

Please continue in either of these threads or create a new one if you have another interaction being canceled.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (19,077 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Hroun_88 Made it's own thread for this since it's been reported a lot. Same with toilet and other interactions.

Adding this link

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (22,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Other cancelled actions that I have noticed:

Sim is eating food > Neighbor knocks on door > Invite in > Sim welcomes neighbor with plate in hand > Once both sims are inside, the eating sim will place the plate down despite not finished with the food, regardless of hunger level.

Sim is complaining of hunger > autonomous prepare food > finishes preparing food > walks away from prepared meal, dances to stereo a little, complains about hunger -then- grabs the plate and eats.

This one links into the other bug I have mentioned about the maid not doing her job between load transitions. The cancel action issue seems to affect her here too (not sure how as they are simulated differently during this transition, I imagine).. as when the lot is reloaded, all plates will be in one huge pile to be washed.

Message 3 of 22 (22,037 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've had the clean dishes bug on normal dining tables; seems to only happen when there are a lot of dishes to clean up, like after a dinner party. If it's just one or two dishes, no problem. 

Message 4 of 22 (21,993 Views)

Autonomy and eating

★ Apprentice

When my sims autonomously grab a plate of food from the frige, once they get to the counter or table, they drop the plate on the floor and just stand there.  I'm not sure if this is related to the random reset? If I direct them to eat-they can do it on their own, no matter wether I click on the plate within the frige menu or if I just click on the hunger icon.

Message 5 of 22 (21,947 Views)

Re: Autonomy and eating

Hero

@shellbeme Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (21,943 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this issue now after a large group came by to eat.  They clean up dishes for a small number of people just fine, but more than 8 and they do exactly as OP describes.

Message 7 of 22 (21,858 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (21,839 Views)

★★ Novice

A girl needed to go to bathroom and had her hygiene low, so I had her go to bathroom before going to shower and then sleep, however she only went to bathroom and didn't take a shower when she came over to bed.

Message 9 of 22 (21,807 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (21,799 Views)