Original Post

Accepted Solution

Comedy Routine: Interaction still there after all written but nothing happens

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None. It is the base game available on steam
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure as I have already attempted to reset the sim using the cheat commands, saving and exiting the game as well as restarting the game completely.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I try to get my sim to compose a comedy routine for her job on the computer, the action doesn't register at all on the task bar and it is as if I never clicked on that specific action. This has not occured with any other of my sims or any other actions up to the this point.(This despite there being no factors of her mood or needs having issues)
What do you expect to see? I expect to the see the action register followed by the sim going on to do it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, adjusted title

Message 1 of 10 (868 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Specific action won't appear in task bar at all

Hero
@emiliadouvrou There's only so many routines in each category. Maybe you ran out (it's a bit confusing and not well done)

Basically what was talked about in this old thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Sim-can-no-longer-Compose-Comedy-Routine/m-p/3506011

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (798 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@emiliadouvrou Gave this a short test and it works fine for me.

What level comedy are you at ? Have you written any comedy routines yet ? Have you tested multiple Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (813 Views)

★★ Novice

At the moment I only have one household of Sims with two of them still being babies but I have tried this with my other adult sim and he can do it just fine. I am comedy Level 8 at the moment and have written comedy routines every day as a task for my sims job as a comedian

Message 3 of 10 (803 Views)

Hero
@emiliadouvrou There's only so many routines in each category. Maybe you ran out (it's a bit confusing and not well done)

Basically what was talked about in this old thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Sim-can-no-longer-Compose-Comedy-Routine/m-p/3506011

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (799 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok I guess that's probably it, so in this case how do I perform the routine in order to complete my job task? 

Message 5 of 10 (781 Views)

Hero
@emiliadouvrou One suggestion in that other thread I linked is to gift the ones you have away.

I'm a bit unsure what the current status is though.

What does the work task say ? Can you also perform an existing one ?

I also still think this is very bad design

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (753 Views)

★★ Novice

I'll check about gifting them away, I have moved on to performing them however they're all poor quality so I'm not sure if performing them inscreases the quality or if not how I can rewrite them to be better quality.

Message 7 of 10 (712 Views)

Hero
@emiliadouvrou you should be able to refine them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (703 Views)

After you perform a routine once, you can then go to the computer and refine it. 

Message 9 of 10 (696 Views)

★★ Novice

Got it, thank you very much for the help Standard smile

Message 10 of 10 (680 Views)