Re: Combo dmg inscriptions are no longer being applied since patch 1.4 for Range

by Lazeerer

Original Post

Re: Combo dmg inscriptions are no longer being applied since patch 1.4 for Range

★★★★★ Novice

Can confirm that storm damage is nerfed

Message 11 of 24 (652 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm Combo Imp inscriptions on components are also not being applied, it looks like even the 60% from Tip of the Spear is not being applied.

Message 12 of 24 (641 Views)

★ Guide

@Dainn91 wrote:

I can confirm Combo Imp inscriptions on components are also not being applied, it looks like even the 60% from Tip of the Spear is not being applied.

Thx for checking that. Is Combo DMG working on Components?

I wont be able to check this for another hour. On my way home right now to play..

Message 13 of 24 (637 Views)

★ Novice

It's a bug. They removed the gear specific combo bonuses on the support pieces, not the javelin wide like your. But for some reason (spaghetti coding) it buged the javelin wide. It's not a dead stat, just buged for now.

Message 14 of 24 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Ducowtz wrote:

It's a bug. They removed the gear specific combo bonuses on the support pieces, not the javelin wide like your. But for some reason (spaghetti coding) it buged the javelin wide. It's not a dead stat, just buged for now.

But can you explain to me what you mean by Gear specific combos bonuses on support gear. Can you give me a couple examples bc i must not be understanding what this is that you are saying.

Like Mine? it is Javilin wide icon yes but its Ranger Specific.

"Combo Imp DMG" is Javelin specific. Ranger only.

"Combo DMG" . Works with all Javelins

Ranger had Combo imp DMG

Interceptor had Combo Aura effect

Storm had Combo Targets.

Colossus had IIRC Grenlaunch DMG However, when the lego version came out you where able to roll Combo DMG on it.

I never seen a Combo Bonus on support gear attribute Except for as i said Ranger Combo Imp DMG and on Colossus Combo DMG. Both always where Jav Wide.

Message 15 of 24 (612 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I never seen a Combo Bonus on support gear attribute Except for as i said Ranger Combo Imp DMG and on Colossus Combo DMG. Both always where Jav Wide.

I have. Support pieces were being made with combo damage with a gear icon, not a suit icon, meaning it would only apply to the support piece. Since support pieces don't perform combos it was useless. Kind of like if a gun had +elemental damage as a gear icon but it didn't do any elemental damage.

It wasn't sneaky wording for a nerf or something, it was a mistake.

Message 16 of 24 (597 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Confirmed for me as well, I have seen a drop of almost 200K combo damage post 1.4 patch on my ranger

Message 17 of 24 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Neiloch wrote:

I have. Support pieces were being made with combo damage with a gear icon, not a suit icon, meaning it would only apply to the support piece. Since support pieces don't perform combos it was useless. Kind of like if a gun had +elemental damage as a gear icon but it didn't do any elemental damage.

Not calling you a liar but care to share those images of  "Gear specific" Combo Imp DMG or Combo DMG on a support piece. I'd like to see it. Even my LVL38 prior to Cata event where Jav Wide Combo imp DMG.

Its still suspect to me. Prob intended but called it a mistake after the backlash. none the less as long as its getting fixed, thats all i care about. Though i did edit the post before and said it could all be a mistake.

Message 18 of 24 (587 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Lazeerer wrote:

@Neiloch wrote:

Not calling you a liar but care to share those images of  "Gear specific" Combo Imp DMG or Combo DMG on a support piece. I'd like to see it. Even my LVL38 prior to Cata event where Jav Wide Combo imp DMG.

Its still suspect to me. Prob intended but called it a mistake after the backlash. none the less as long as its getting fixed, thats all i care about. Though i did edit the post before and said it could all be a mistake.

Developers don't have time nor the inclination to 'sneak in' changes under the guise of something else. The only time they might do something on purpose without documentation is when they fix exploits just in case variations of the same one could be used in other ways later. If they thought something was doing way too much damage they would just change it and say so.

Message 19 of 24 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Neiloch wrote:

@Lazeerer wrote:

@Neiloch wrote:

Developers don't have time nor the inclination to 'sneak in' changes under the guise of something else. The only time they might do something on purpose without documentation is when they fix exploits just in case variations of the same one could be used in other ways later. If they thought something was doing way too much damage they would just change it and say so.

Thx. Fair enough I will take that part out of my post. I guess in hundreds of War chest i opened i have not seen a single one that was gear specific for ranger "Combo Imp DMG" or even interceptor. Though id be lieing if i said i payed much attention to Masterwork gear.

I can promise you though since i spent over 500 war chest on getting that god roll i have with double combo imp DMG that i have never seen Ranger have gear specific Combo Imp DMG.

Though you give them to much credit. There has been stealth nerfs in this game and complete reworks without any notice. Very big changes that should have been said but wasnt. Anyway thats off topic.

I will correct what i wrote. I wasnt aware of Gear specific and thats why I thought it was a nerf.

Will see how it goes when it gets fixed. Hopefully soon. thx for the correction

Message 20 of 24 (573 Views)