FIFA: Colour blindness support for fifa titles

by daveni1979

Original Post

FIFA: Colour blindness support for fifa titles

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
I want to talk about something you don't mention above: FIFA: Colour blindness support in fifa games
How accessible is the current experience? I can use parts of it
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. Certain player and ref kits look the same to me as I'm colour blind red/green.
How is this making it more difficult? I'm not sure if I'm passing to my own players all the time. So I'm at a disadvantage.
How can we reproduce this experience? Just get someone who is red/green colourblindness to help test your future fifa titles

Games like cod have a colourblindness option in game that let's me select a colour palette that stands out more. Also you could make the kits clash less in modes like pro clubs. You don't get a choice what colour you are once the game has started. Icon or kit colour. I can't see certain icons especially if I'm the green one.

Message 1 of 5 (4,261 Views)

Re: Colour blindness support for fifa titles

@daveni1979 hi

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I know that some Fifa players have problems with the indicator color between red and green.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/accessibility.html

Let's hope EA do more in these things.
I do not have enough knowledge how to improve this

Maybe this will help you for your machine.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/accessibility.html

Cheers

Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …
Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden.
❤️ TSTO - Die Simpsons Springfield
❤️ Sims Freeplay.. ❤️ Sims 2-3-4 auf MBP

Meine Sims 4 Geschichten und Kreationen 

Message 2 of 5 (4,090 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Constantly on this for every game I buy, yet it goes ignored a lot of the time.  Some game now have 'colourblind' options which to be honest, are just rubbish filters.  The better ones tend to just affect on screen icons and overlays etc..., the worst ones just stick the filter on everything (like Madden 19) which makes everything just look weird and wrong, like someone has been messing with your monitor/TV settings.

Colourblind support for FIFA 19 is non-existent; unbelievable in this day and age. Sure, you can choose a home and away strip, but that doesn't help much when facing someone with kits that aren't solid blocks of colour. I tend to stick to a wholly black or yellow strip which works against some teams that also use very solid colours...

However, the two biggest annoyances are that the triangle above the players head is red.  It's difficult to see which is a huge disadvantage as you spend half your time hunting for the highlighted player whilst your opponent breezes through on goal... Or even worse, trying to find the player marker from a corner kick then giving away a free kick for time wasting.

Secondly, the referee... Invariably, the referee will have colour which are too similar to one of the teams.  My particular favourite is when I play in my yellow strip with black shorts, and the referee turns up with... a yellow strip with black shorts!  I spend half the time trying to pass or control the referee.  Sounds hilarious, right? Down right insulting to be honest.  Even with other strips, it's problematic... choose a dark strip for one of the sides, and the referee wears a dark red top and black shorts. Choose a lighter strip and the ref turns up with a blue top and black shorts.  To be honest, I hope for that referee every time.

So when I start a online game, or an important crunch game (I play FUT), my head goes down every time I see a referee that has decided to wear colours similar to one of the teams.

As for FUT, there's a shop where you can buy things for cash.  Why on earth would I buy anything from that shop when something as simple as colours can influence the outcome of a game more than skill.

Unfortunately, all we get in return is lip-service and flanneling. This has been happening for years, decades!  It's likely that one in ten customers will be colourblind, so EA is discriminating against 10% of its customers by being lazy and ignorant when it comes to colourblindness.

Message 3 of 5 (3,210 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh, and one more thing regarding kits. Sometimes you'll choose a kit which looks helpful, but the back of the shirt is a different colour which can make it confusing if that colour is similar to your opponent/referee.

Secondly, anything with stripes, multiple faded/blended colours or anything that isn't a solid block of colour is just a waste of time for us. I can't use them, and I don't want to play anyone who uses them because they just compound other colourblind issues.

Message 4 of 5 (3,207 Views)

Re: FIFA: Colour blindness support for fifa titles

★★★★★ Newbie

An awesome fix for this would be to just let users change their opponent's kit locally. Like, for online play, let me change how the opponent looks on my system; on that player's system, they'd see what they picked, but I'd see something that works for me. Something as simple as making the opponent all white or all black.

And like someone else said, the referees are a problem, too.

Message 5 of 5 (3,159 Views)