★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. In the Forge menu when looking at components for my Colossus and during testing in a Stronghold (Tyrant Mine to be specific).
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 23.02.19 07:52PM CST
Summarize your bug The Reinforced Hull masterwork component has an incorrect modifier to the magazine capacity of all weapons. It reads as follows "Increase the magazine capacity of all weapons by 5%. When effect is cleared, damage is increased by 20%. Can occur once every 10 seconds.." The epic version of this component that the mw is built off of reads "Increases maximum magazine size of all guns by 35% of base value." The masterwork version is coded incorrectly. Initially I thought this discrepancy was purely textual and the component still functioned like it's epic counterpart but it does not and indeed only increases the maximum value of the magazine by 5% as opposed to 35% like it's epic counterpart.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply take a look at the masterwork version of "Reinforced Hull" component for Colossus and the epic version called "Colossal Stock Augment" and compare the values of the bonuses to maximum magazine size.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your weapons have 30% less increases maximum magazine size than I assume was intended - for every other masterwork component the bonus is the same as the epic version with an added orange text effect due to it being masterwork.
What should be happening instead? You should be receiving the same buff to magazine size as the epic version (35%) when using the masterwork version of the component.

All of Colossus' masterwork components (and all Javelin's masterwork components from as far as I can tell) offer the same bonus as their epic counterparts with an added orange text masterwork effect. For some reason this specific component got coded incorrectly with only a 5% buff to magazine size as opposed to a 35% buff to magazine size like it's epic counterpart and unfortunately is bugged.

Message 1 of 7 (1,951 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Colossus Masterwork Reinforced Hull Component is Broken

★★★★★ Guide

Would love a fix for this.

Message 2 of 7 (1,019 Views)

★★ Novice

This issue still persist after the latest patch.

Message 3 of 7 (995 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Problem here as well

Message 4 of 7 (916 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue here on PC :/

Message 5 of 7 (542 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Xbox One X, Legion of Dawn edition, digital.

(Not that this matters as many users reporting the issue on Reddit from every platform: Xbox, Playstation, and PC)

Thunderbolt of Yvena has 16 rounds in the magazine with the Masterwork component, Reinforced Hull. With the epic (purple) component, Colossus Stock Augment, the same weapon has 21 rounds in the magazine. Is this an intended trade-off or is it an error?

I’m genuinely curious as I understand, based on Tweet by Ben Irving, that “epics can role higher perks, but grant less health and shield as their direct MW components. The trade-off is that you either go for higher perks (damage, bonus ammo, luck, repair amount, etc.) with lower health and shields by using the epics, or, instead, you use a masterwork for lower perks but with higher health and shields.

That said, the trade-off mentioned did not/ nor has ever included the baked-in features for any components. And in the case of this mod, Reinforced Hull, we should be getting 35% magazine size increase for all weapons.

Thank you for your time.

Message 6 of 7 (514 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same, annoying no response and it is taking so long to fix.
Message 7 of 7 (386 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help