by 22puzzlepieces

Original Post

College diploma deleted after re-download & CAS hair looks way darker

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? just basegame (Sims4) and Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. college diploma bug : create a sim, have the sim graduate, and wait until you get diploma. and save that sim in your library, re-download the sim and place that sim on a lot. the sim doesnt have university diploma (and doesnt have top of acceptance letter and graduation either) in his/her inventory anymore. 2. CAS hair color bug : go to CAS and create a blonde (or light colored hair) sim, try a custom hair content, and also try an official hair content too - both case blonde colored hair looks darker : and when you save the blonde sim in your library, blonde hair sim looks like gray/lightbrown hair, and silver hair sim looks gray/ darker gray in CAS and Library - but once you place that sim in a lot, then the sim has the original colored hair(actual blonde) 3. blue fog : go to a lot, make a little building, zoom in, and zoom out. when i zoom out - blue foggy stuff is covering the whole neighborhood and my lot, so i cant really see my building from zoom out view
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. college diploma bug: when i re-download my college grad sim: the sim has degree but has no diploma. this doesnt make sense 2. CAS hair color bug: im not even sure if i'm choosing right color - i want to make blonde sim, but blonde hair looks gray/ light brown, and silver hair sim looks gray/ darker gray in CAS and Library, and when i save this blonde sim/silver haired sim in my library, it also look darker in library too - the sim photo to save in library, before i hit save button 3. blue fog : blue foggy stuff is covering the whole neighborhood and my lot, so i cant really see my building from zoom out view
What do you expect to see? 1. i want to be able to save my college grad sim with both Degree saved in her information section AND college diploma and admission letter in her inventory section - in my library, and when I re-download that exact sim from my library - I want both Degree saved in her info AND college diploma and admission letter in her inventory section STILL BE THERE. - and i hope this works with unmoded cheat key too : e.g. when i type this cheat key : (Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBSHonors) - then it gives me degree, and gives me diploma(e.g. for "distinguished degree with honors" : "summa kum laude" diploma.) at the same time : and I hope to be able to save it in my library with both degree and diploma in the inventory - and when i re-download it, both degree and diploma appears with the sim i saved. 2. CAS hair: i want to see blonde hair appear to be blonde in both CAS and my library when i save the sim from CAS to my library - both original hair content AND custom hair content. 3. blue foggy stuff: I want blue foggy stuff to be gone so I can zoom out and still see my building from a far.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the latest update for the sims 4 basegame. (i watched it live on youtube too : making column goes super high, etc) : that patch. 1. College Diploma issue: I didnt use cheat key and have my sim graduated, and saved - but diploma still missing, though it says sim holds a degree 2. I uninstalled the custom content too : and CAS hair color issue still occurs with original hair items too 3. blue fog: still there.

1. College Diploma Bug

So my sim graduated from university, and got university degree, and diploma as the evidence for the degree. So I saved this sim in library, hoping to get university diploma saved with this sim too - for the further use for the exact same sim with the degree and diploma in the sim's inventory.

I was actually hoping to save all the things I got from university – acceptance letter and university diploma and picture from graduation day - you know graduating from university is a lifetime event, and i want to keep the souvenir in my inventory.

And I downloaded the university grad sim from my library, and placed her on a lot, and there is no diploma in the sims’ inventory, though it says she holds a physics degree from this university in her info section. 

Can I save my sim with university diploma once my sim graduate from university?

Because it doesn’t make sense that my saved sim holds degree and having no diploma in the inventory.

Plus, can you make it possible when i use cheatkey (this cheatkey is not moded, i could use this cheatkey without anything installed), for example (Traits.Equip_Trait trait_University_PhysicsDegreeBSHonors ) – this cheatkey gives my sim a university degree, Can this cheatkey also give my sim diploma in her inventory as well? (e.g. for "distinguished degree with honors" : "summa kum laude" diploma.)

And when I save this sim with degree and diploma in library, can this degree and diploma also be saved with this sim too?  So I save this sim in my library – and when I re-download her and place her in a lot, it says that this sime holds physics degree and has university diploma in her inventory, even if I used cheatkey.

And when I place diploma in a room and wanted to save the room witht the diploma it wont save the diploma:

But when I save the whole house with the diploma – then it saves with diploma. – then when I redownload the housewith diploma, then it’s completely different diploma.

the dimploma my Sim got was distinguished fineart degree with honors

So I saved it, and downloadd it from my library, and there is diploma I just saved : and it says art history degree without honors

2. Bug in CAS (& Library photo too, when saving that sim).

all my sims' hair color appears to be darker in CAS and it’s so confusing to me to create a sim exactly as I want.

I have a blonde Sim, and ever since the update (i uninstalled all my game and reinstalled : when i installed base game only, CAS was the issue. - so i think it's the update) , in CAS every sim's hair color look way darker in CAS : my blonde sim is not even blonde anymore in CAS, i was so confused if this is blonde color or brunette color while i was creating this sim on CAS. (and when i save this blonde sim in my Library, it also look darker in library too - the sim photo to save in library, before i hit save button.)

but once i place that sim on a lot, then my sim's hair appears to be the original color.

i attached a screenshot file named "hair color change.png" please look at it Standard smile

it's so confusing to choose color i want in CAS, especially when i'm trying to make light colored hair sims (e.g. silver/white hair looks grey/dark grey in CAS, blonde looks brown/grey hair in CAS). 

How can I fix this?

- i also tried hair that are NOT custom content, and it looks darker too. 

3. "Fog" in a lot

so when i enter in a lot,  there is like blue fog kindda stuff is covering the whole neighborhood and my lot every time, unless i zoom in : so i cant really see what my house looks like when i zoom out - becuase it's all covered with blue fog. i think it's new thing from the update as well.

Message 1 of 1 (1,170 Views)