Tap mapping renders game unplayable due to inaccesiblesettings cog tab.

by zblewski

Original Post

Re: Can't click on edge

@DJ_Liva what phone do you have?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 99 (5,832 Views)

Right Pull-out-tab not clickable and bad solution

★★★ Newbie

Guys, I really need your help!

I wrote a message to the EA-team but since this was kind of a bug report, I won't get an answer.

I got a new phone. A "Honor 10" from Huawei. The screen is like 18:9 instread of 16:9 and you can choose your apps to be in fullscreen mode. Sims is also in fullscreen and looks good but I can't tap on the arrow on the right side! I have no idea why this is happening. I can click on all other buttons on the right side but not on this arrow.

Does anyone has a solution? I can't even give out my player ID because I can't get into the menue ... The game itself works fine but not this ... Frown

The second issue is the solution of the game. I don't know why but the game is somewhat pixelated and I have like ultra HD+ on this phone

I attached two pictures. in the first you can see the orange circle while I tried to tap on the arrow. The second picture shows how the solution in the game is. You can maybe see that the faces of my Sims are high definition but the people in the backround look pixelated.

I had a OnePlus 3 before the Honor but the Honor should be better. I use android 8.1.0 if that helps. My CPU is a HiSilicon Kirin 970 and I have 4GB of RAM. Screen is 2280 x 1080.

Message 11 of 99 (5,780 Views)

Tap mapping renders game unplayable due to inaccesiblesettings cog tab.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) OnePlus 6
OS Version Android 8.1.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) N/A
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Settings cog tab. See screenshot.
What do you expect to see? A locked tutorial screen that won't let the player progress any further.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada
Additional feedback

Hello,

I have found that the game is not optimized for my phone's tap input, rendering it unplayable. The primary issue is that tap input is not accurate, meaning I have to tap off of the actual item I want to select, but furthermore, the settings cog tab is untappable. When you get to the parties tutorial, the game forces you to tap on the tab. Since it is untappable for me, the game is now effectively stuck on this tutorial.

Message 12 of 99 (5,708 Views)

Re: Tap mapping renders game unplayable due to inaccesiblesettings cog tab.

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for letting us know about that @zblewski

Message 13 of 99 (5,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Will there be a fix for this as my partner has the huawie p20 pro and she's having the same issue of not being able to tap that one button so is stuck and can't play any further on the game.

Message 14 of 99 (5,577 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for letting us know @acldalton. It is something we're looking into on the Huawei P20 Pro, when we know more we will let you know.
@zblewski in the mean time while we look into this on the One Plus 6, you should be able to open the settings menu if you try to click in the middle of the settings button, I had to try a few times to find the area that allowed me to open it. Can you try that and let us know if it helped? 

Message 15 of 99 (4,641 Views)

★★ Novice

It's still a fair bit difficult to access, but it is no longer impossible. I have also discovered a workaround of using the screen sharing option of Airdroid to access the menu, as well.

Message 16 of 99 (1,839 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey all! I have a Huawei P20 Lite and also can't progress, or even play the game without the "Party tutorial". I have the same problem of not being able to click the Arrow button on the right side.

I was wondering if there is already a solution for this bug, cause I would love to play this game haha! Great fun, until now Frown

Message 17 of 99 (1,787 Views)

★★ Novice
How did you manage to click the Arrow button? So you managed to pass the Parry tutorial? Let me know!
Message 18 of 99 (1,786 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Jeftation we're still looking into it, can you temporarily use another device and load up your game on that? You can import the progress if you've saved it to the cloud: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/save-your-game-progress-in-the-sims-mobile/

Then you can progress beyond the party tutorial and after that continue on your own phone. I do recommend you have the game closed on your phone before starting to play on another device. 

Message 19 of 99 (1,760 Views)