[Fixed] Game crashes when watching ads

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed] Game crashes when watching ads

[ Edited ]

This post is for the bug where the game crashes when you load ads. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 15 of 58 (14,436 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Open] Game crashes when watching ads

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thanks for confirming this is no longer happening after the update @vickimac70, and thanks for the report, @bsummers6910 - that sounds like a different issue. Would it be possible for you to open a new report about it filling the form?: https://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en That would be helpful Standard smile

For everyone who was having this issue - is still a problem for you after updating the game?

Thank you!
-Mai

View in thread

Message 49 of 58 (15,971 Views)

All Replies

Watching Ads for extras is closing Sims app

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S8
OS Version 9.2.1.145832
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002974255741
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking on mailboxes for video ads, or when completing a task and the option for bonus rewards by watching an ad video
What do you expect to see? to watch the video for bonus materials, not the app closing.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback Frown

When I choose to watch an advertisement for extra rewards, the Sims Mobile app crashes and closes.

Message 1 of 58 (14,433 Views)

Re: Watching Ads for extras is closing Sims app

Could you give these a try:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 58 (14,421 Views)

Re: Sims Mobile Crashing

★★★★ Guide
I also have crashing issues too but not in create a sim that I know of...
When my game crashes it brings me to my home screen with a pop up message saying Sims Mobile has stopped and Now it's even worse in latest update...I can no longer watch video ads cause of this crashing issue that happens everytime I try to watch a video ad and not only that it sometimes crashes for no reason. I've done every troubleshooting technique there is. I reported it to EA during past update and I also told him my device info of my S8+ that runs on android version Oreo 8.0 and they have not fixed it for this latest update Grrr
Message 3 of 58 (14,561 Views)

In game ads crashing game

★★★ Novice
I'm unable to watch ads at this point because it crashes the game. They always worked when first downloaded but over the past 3-4 days there is only one ad that doesn't crash the game so I pretty much avoid them at this point which sucks since I'm leaving simoleons and tickets on the table.
Message 4 of 58 (14,478 Views)

Re: [Open] No adverts

★★★★ Guide
My game crashes to my homescreen everytime I try to watch adverts
Message 5 of 58 (14,456 Views)

Re: In game ads crashing game

★★★ Novice
Same for me. It's really annoying. That's how I get most of my cupcakes.
Message 6 of 58 (14,457 Views)

[ Edited ]

Best thing would be to contact an EA game advisor about this issue.
For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.
If you want to do so in a different language you can choose your country of choice in the upper right-hand corner. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 58 (14,438 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Phantomlover1717 I already contacted EA about the crashing issue during the hot tub update & all they did was give me troubleshooting steps that I had already done before I contacted them & then they gave a link to here...Answers HQ & then they closed my case.
Now the recent update for easter. I find they never bothered to fix this crashing bug. So pretty much they ignored me.
U said contact EA wutta joke. They don't seem to care about bug issues which is Sad
Message 8 of 58 (14,435 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Same here
Message 9 of 58 (14,436 Views)