Re: UPDATE: codes appearing instead of text, multiple instances

by Zoiie92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Codes appearing instead of text, multiple instances

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Since the patch I've noticed a few instances (and read a few posts here) of codes appearing in game. The one I managed to capture was this new recipe that's appeared:

Bugged recipe

The name is a code and the mouseover tooltip is a different code. The codes are in the format:

*** [8 alphanumeric characters] ***

Someone here suggested repairing my game installation but that didn't help.

I have a feeling this is also related:

Bugged plant name UPDATE: I've since grown the Death Flower, and the name still doesn't appear (just says "Perfect [blank space]")

EDIT: just found another instance, a bugged aspiration goal.

EDIT2: and another, an achievement (I think it's meant to be Woohoo with a ghost).

EDIT3: they are cropping up all over the place now, this time in a conversation option (Friendly). When I chose it, both sims produced a thought bubble with a scythe in it, so probably something about death?

--

No mods
No custom content
Win 7
Download version of game

Message 1 of 21 (3,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

Well, I managed to fix this by uninstalling the whole game and re-downloading it. Chat interactions with ghosts, the recipe for Ambrosia, the updated Renaissance Sim goals, all fixed. Even the name of the Death Flower is appearing correctly.

View in thread

Message 7 of 21 (3,200 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

I have this instead of the name of the spooky music category i get  ***9c340233***

i also get it regularly instead of repair an item or instead of what the upgrade should be if i want to upgrade with different codes

Message 2 of 21 (3,282 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Bump, for great justice.

I'd really like an EA response on this one. Is it that rare? Surely someone else is getting this?

Message 3 of 21 (3,217 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this also, noticed it on the new radio station, and also on the emotional aura items, where there (I suppose) should be the note of what aura the item will enable.

Message 4 of 21 (3,213 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

i have same problem! and the testingcheats on i cant add people to my household and once ghosts are befriended i still cant ask them!

Message 5 of 21 (3,167 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also get this and sometimes when reparing the PC.

Message 6 of 21 (3,146 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, I managed to fix this by uninstalling the whole game and re-downloading it. Chat interactions with ghosts, the recipe for Ambrosia, the updated Renaissance Sim goals, all fixed. Even the name of the Death Flower is appearing correctly.

Message 7 of 21 (3,201 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem and tried to repair but still the same. I hope that EA will resolve this as quick as possible. I'm not a happy camper at all. I can't uninstall and install everytime something goes wrong with the game as I'm not that lucky in living in a country where interenet is free.

Message 8 of 21 (3,136 Views)

★★ Novice
I did the same and fixed everything bar the testingcheats on adding to family and being able to add a ghost to the family Frown but I can add everyone else who isn't a ghost!
Message 9 of 21 (3,129 Views)

Stereo and lots not loading names correctly since october patch

★★★★ Novice

Hi

I'm having and issue where i click to change music on my stereo and i'm getting options that look like this !£54&%96$.

This has also happened to me on a few comunity lots names.

This has only happened since i downloaded the october patch. I have no mods.

Anybody else have this issue or know how to resolve?

Restarting game does not work.

Message 10 of 21 (3,073 Views)