Code: net increased frequency

by Squidzliu

Original Post

Code: net increased frequency

★★ Novice

Hi,

I've been getting code: nets pretty frequently now along with my friend who I play ranked with. I've been given an abandon penalty for it during ranked as well a couple of times now. It's been happening more frequently these days maybe 1/week.

M

Message 1 of 6 (192 Views)

Re: Code: net increased frequency

Community Manager

Hi there, @Squidzliu 

It's possible this is a connection issue. I'll try to help get it resolved. What platform are you playing on and do you use a wired or wireless connection? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 6 (155 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Aljo,

Thanks for responding. I'm playing on PC with the Origins launcher. I use a wired connection.

Message 3 of 6 (148 Views)

Community Manager

@Squidzliu 

Thanks for getting back to me. I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem and router. Also, shut down your PC. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Start up your PC and try playing again. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 6 (143 Views)

★★ Novice

So I already power cycle my home networking fairly frequently already as well as my PC. The code: net's don't happen regularly enough for the power cycling to actually diagnose anything imo. The reason I think this is because I never lose connection to the internet and usually I can join back into the game fast enough so that I'm not kicked for an abandon penalty, but sometimes Apex just doesn't let me join back into the game even though I have internet connection. I did a little research and from what I can see "Code: net" errors indicate a server side issue. I'm reporting this to get visibility to your team because both my friend and I have noticed an increased frequency lately and it seems like others are experiencing it as well. If you have any other suggestions besides reinstalling everything let me know.

Message 5 of 6 (132 Views)

Community Manager

@Squidzliu 

Thanks for those details. Have you tried alternate DNS settings? If not, follow the instructions here and let me know if there's a difference or not.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 6 (125 Views)