by lifefroot

Original Post

[FIXED] [CoL] Unable to complete Meddlin' and Peddlin' errand

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Batuu! The problem is specifically with Cottage Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the Meddlin' and Peddlin' errand for Agatha Crumplebottom. Give your roses to Kim Goldbloom and Michael Bell, and then try to have them flirt with each other for the final step of the errand.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to encourage either of the sims to flirt with each other only appeared once, and the only sim available to be flirted with was Agatha Crumplebottom herself. After closing the interaction and trying again, the option to encourage flirting has not appeared for either of the sims once, so I cannot complete the errand.
What do you expect to see? The option to encourage either sim to flirt should be in the dialogue menu and the other sim should be available to be selected as they were both given roses
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was working on the Meddlin' and Peddlin' errand for Agatha Crumplebottom, and had given the two roses to Kim Goldbloom and Michael Bell with no issues. When the final step of the errand came around and I was told to encourage the two to flirt with a special interaction, I tried to encourage Michael and found that the dialogue option only offered Agatha Crumplebottom to be flirted with. When I cancelled the interaction and tried again, the unique interaction was no longer available for Michael or Kim. I tried inviting the sims to several different locations, I tried with the sims in a group and without a group, and I tried with Agatha both present and absent. I used romantic decor to give both sims a flirty mood, and eventually I even used the 'Ask about another Sim...' -> 'Hook up with...' interactions to have Michael and Kim enter a relationship and this still did not complete the errand. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 23 (6,137 Views)

Re: [CoL] Unable to complete Meddlin' and Peddlin' errand

★ Novice
I have a problem with this errand as well, but with Kim and Rahul and the option hasn’t even appeared once for me
Message 2 of 23 (5,811 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. The dialog to have them flirt never came up. I tried many different locations, nothing under friendly or romantic interactions ever came up for it.

Message 3 of 23 (5,765 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this problem at first too! used the same two people: Michael B and Kim G. 

I just deleted the errand, restarted it by asking Agatha again, and got it to work! I invited them both to a different lot (so I could keep them close) gave them roses and RIGHT AWAY was able to convince them to flirt with the other person. 

So maybe as long as you don't load screens or have a sim leave and return between getting the rose and encouraging to flirt it should work!

Message 4 of 23 (5,761 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] Unable to complete Meddlin' and Peddlin' errand

★★ Apprentice

I have a problem with this task too only mine is that it won't complete even if I did everything! 

Message 5 of 23 (5,675 Views)

★★ Novice

Same, I did Crystal and Darin and have taken them out together but there’s no option on either of them either when they’re next to each other

Message 6 of 23 (5,614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@CamiHW Unless Rahul has aged up, Rahul starts as a teen and Kim starts as a young adult in the game. Is it possible their ages do not match in your game currently?

But other people are experiencing it too, so it sounds like even if he did age up, your experience is still valid Standard smile

Message 7 of 23 (5,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Theenaabeenaa wrote:

@CamiHW Unless Rahul has aged up, Rahul starts as a teen and Kim starts as a young adult in the game. Is it possible their ages do not match in your game currently?

But other people are experiencing it too, so it sounds like even if he did age up, your experience is still valid Standard smile

he is currently a Young Adult at this point in my save game and was when I started the errand as well (: My own sim can flirt with him, but the option to encourage flirting with Kim never showed up (:

Message 8 of 23 (5,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I might try this and see if it works Standard smile 

Message 9 of 23 (5,531 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My issue isnt with this errand. But concerning this issue.... While talking to one or other (Kim or Michael) try choosing the "talk about other sim" option. This opens a window of other sims you can choose to talk about. Pick the one you need, Michael if talking to Kim  and vise versa. The to should then get to know each other. Hope this helps you.

Message 10 of 23 (5,452 Views)