by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Some gifted/earned produce don't have a tool tip

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available to date (including Early Access Cottage Living)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Either buy or earn some meat (Need to double check if it's both red and white) 2. Check the expiration or other info in inventory or fridge by hovering over the item
What happens when the bug occurs? No tool tip is displayed leaving it unclear when the meat will expire.
What do you expect to see? A tool tip that gives me information about the item.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Cottage Living

Thanks to EA I got early access. So this is an early access report (shouldn't change until the actual release)

MeatNoToolTip.JPG

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 9 (854 Views)

Re: [CoL] Meat doesn't have a tool tip

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm seeing this with eggs as well. Looks like it may just be the either store bought eggs or just the ones that are given to your sim.  

Message 2 of 9 (801 Views)

No Discription of item- Cottage Living

★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco, Uni, starwars, realm of magic, paranormal, jungle adventure, dust bunnies, fittness clothing stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play game without owning chickens. Complete errands to get reward of an egg.
What happens when the bug occurs? Egg has no discription while you mouse over item. Both in your inventory and in fridge. All other itmes do. Also I have another game play where they own chickens. Those have discriptions in both inventory and in fridge.
What do you expect to see? Item discriptions when moused over.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Cottage Living

Dont have photos

Message 3 of 9 (791 Views)

Re: No Discription of item- Cottage Living

★ Apprentice

Animal products seem to be hit/miss for what has descriptions. I'm also assuming that something in my fridge with no description is spoiled because "clean out spoiled food" is available but I don't know what it is. 

It's missing the name, quality, time until spoiled, and any description that may be necessary. Meat, Eggs, and regular milk do this for me (not 100% on the milk but definitely the other two). Green Eggs, Fire Milk, and Flour are all fine. 

Message 4 of 9 (772 Views)

Re: No Discription of item- Cottage Living

Hero
@LilSnakeHips I merged this with an earlier thread and adjusted the title to make it more general for all produce.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (764 Views)

No discription of Items- Cottage Living

★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Uni, Starwars, Realm of Magic, Throwback fitness, and dust bunnies.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Complete errand, Mushroom on with the Creature Keeper.
What happens when the bug occurs? After finishing errand, I recieved items. Mousing over them, showed nothing in discription. I have had same issue with other errands. Some items with no discriptions are: Egg, red meat pack, and mushroon jar of some kind. As I was recycling items in recycler, the list of my items showed these mushroom jars. 1st one in list discription said: "DEBUG" scrolled down the other jar was listed as something mushroom. (sorry dont remember whole name). Also, with the egg no discription, even when you get more eggs, those egges without discriptions stay blank while in stacks of all.
What do you expect to see? Discription of all items.
Please describe the patch or change you made. After install of Cottage Living.

Sorry no photos.

Message 6 of 9 (822 Views)

Re: No discription of Items- Cottage Living

Hero
@LilSnakeHips Could you add some pics ?

Are you missing all texts like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub... or just on the received items like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Meat-doesn-t-have-a-tool-tip/td-p/10529166

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (794 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict like your 2nd option you posted. Items in inventory, and after putting them in fridge. They stack just fine, and store. Unlabeled eggs dont expire though. I didnt check to see if the eggs, and red meat packs show up in the list when recycling stuff. But the mushroom jars did. I'll get back to you on others item descriptions through the recycler.
Message 8 of 9 (785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@LilSnakeHipsI've noticed this as well with things like Eggs and Meat received from errands or gifts. No description and no expiration date. It's like they are giving us debug stuffs instead of regular items. This seemed to happen after the hotfix but I can't be sure as my game just seems to get buggier every day I play. 

Message 9 of 9 (758 Views)