Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CoL] 'Put it on a Pedestal Sink' sprays backwards when broken

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Broke the sink
What happens when the bug occurs? Water sprays though a wall
What do you expect to see? Water spraing on a floor
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage living patch

Looks like the animation is flipped.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 14 (2,622 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] 'Put it on a Pedestal Sink' sprays backwards when broken

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict This is fixed in 1.97.42.

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (1,189 Views)

All Replies

Re: broken sink animation, broken

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi  @JKOBson 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • ConfigOverride, if you have your own configuration files.
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,606 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict 

I've done everything you recomendet but it didn't work. Also I found out that this issue can only be found on "Put it on a Pedestal Sink" from cottage living.

Message 3 of 14 (2,547 Views)

Hero
@JKOBson Thanks for the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (2,538 Views)

Visual Issue with "Put it on a Pedestal Sink" from Cottage Living EP

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits as of 29/07/2021.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Break the "Put it on a Pedestal Sink"
What happens when the bug occurs? The water flow goes through the wall facing the opposite direction to what it should. The splash/puddle is floating mid-air (I will attach screenshots for reference)
What do you expect to see? The water features should be placed appropriately to where the moppable puddle forms and should not go through the walls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My current save household has the "Put it on a Pedestal Sink" in their bathroom and it has broken many times due to its quality. When it breaks I noticed the water is facing the wrong way and goes through the wall into their bedroom. You can also see the splash marks, which are usually on the ground, appear behind their heads. I double-checked by removing my cc and mods and deleted the localthumbcache. So in the screenshot where the sim is dressed in blue, my mods folder is installed. And where the sim is wearing a white t-shirt, this version of the game is vanilla. Same result after the sink breaks in both.

So I have determined for myself that this is an issue with EA's tuning for the item and has nothing to do with my mods folder. It isn't a big bug and rather a visual issue but it's clearly not supposed to happen so I've reported it. The sink otherwise works as you'd expect. I'm wondering if they'll add this to the laundry list for the next update. There are lots of little things that break the immersion but I notice this mostly because my sink is always breaking!

Message 5 of 14 (2,508 Views)

Re: [CoL] 'Put it on a Pedestal Sink' sprays backwards when broken

★★★★★ Novice

I had this problem and I seen a stream on twitch is the same trouble.  The Joke was the house was peeing with the walls up.  

Message 6 of 14 (2,464 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Tried that, it’s still shooting the water the wrong way
Message 7 of 14 (2,421 Views)

Hero
@Soretta It's broken for that one sink. EA will need to fix it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (2,413 Views)

Incorrect look of the broken sink visual effect

★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Break the 'Put it on a Pedestal Sink' from Cottage Living.
What happens when the bug occurs? Broken sink 'Put it on a Pedestal' (sinkPed_EP11ORN) from Cottage Living displays visual effect incorrectly.
What do you expect to see? The correct look of the broken sink visual effect.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I assume this happens because of the incorrect FX bone position in the sink's rig

11.jpg

Message 9 of 14 (2,119 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CoL] 'Put it on a Pedestal Sink' sprays backwards when broken

★★ Guide

Wanted to also report a similar bug with the snowy escape counter sink where the vfx (at least for washing dishes) is placed inside the sink tap and the steam for when brushing teeth goes sideways into the wall instead of up

Message 10 of 14 (1,445 Views)