[OPEN] [CoL] No More hatchable eggs from chicken coop after rooster was replaced

by CallMeSuperboy

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] No More hatchable eggs from chicken coop after rooster was replaced

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, 3/4 stuff packs, 1 kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a chicken coop with 2 golden hens, 1 black rooster, 1 black hen.
What happens when the bug occurs? No hatchable eggs are ever laid. Only occurred after original (white) rooster disappeared.
What do you expect to see? At least once in awhile there will be a hatchable egg laid
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been playing Cottage Living for a few days now, and my sim has a little cottage/farm on the 19k lot in town. I bought a hen and a rooster for the chicken coop on the property, and at least 1 normal hatchable egg was laid. This hatched hen was turned into a golden hen. The golden hen laid a hatchable golden egg, which hatched and grew up. (Count: 1 normal hen, 2 golden hen, 1 normal rooster) (hatchable egg count: 2)

Then, the rooster disappeared. I don't know if it was a bug or if a fox got it (but I didn't get any notifications about it?), it was just simply gone. This also happened to the YouTuber James Turner in his letsplay where his OG hen disappeared, so I'm not the only one this happened to. (Count: 1 normal hen, 2 golden hen)

Then, the original (normal) hen died. I bought a new normal hen chick and a new normal rooster chick. After a few days I realized aging was off so I turned it on again, and the chicks grew up. (Count: 1 normal hen, 2 golden hen, 1 normal rooster)

But I haven't had any hatchable eggs since then. I have three hens and 1 rooster, and they're all between 1/4-1/2 friends with my sim, but I don't know if that affects reproduction rate or just quality. They've laid at least 40 eggs of varying types since then, normal, obsidian, orange, chocolate, rainbow, and a lot of golden, but none are hatchable. 

I don't know if this is a bug or if the chance for hatchable eggs are SUPER low, in which case does anyone know the chance for hatchable eggs? Or if there's anything else I can do to promote hatchable egg laying? (Does social level count? Friendship level?)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 5 (1,812 Views)

Re: Not getting any hatchable eggs from chicken coop after rooster was replaced

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CallMeSuperboy Could you make a separate thread for the disappearing rooster ? Mine did too and I also didn't get a message. If the fox got it, there should be at least a message.

Also could you try if replacing the coop helps ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

There’s actually already a thread for disappearing chickens, but it’s not a bug report thread, so I didn’t make one for that. You can find it here

Message 3 of 5 (1,679 Views)

Re: [CoL] No More hatchable eggs from chicken coop after rooster was replaced

★ Novice

I never had a chicken disappear, but I have never had any hatchable eggs. I only have two hens and one rooster right now because I wanted to hatch most of my 8 chickens. 

Message 4 of 5 (1,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CallMeSuperboy Bug report is better also that user solved their issue cause they found the chicken. Did you check your household inventory ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,595 Views)