[FIXED] [CoL] Loud scratch/Multiple songs when listing to Cottage Core on Earbud

by ChemicalPrncess

Original Post

Re: [CoL] Loud scratch sound when listing to Cottage Core on Earbuds

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. I don't think it has anything to do with local computer settings or the sound settings in the game. It's specifically linked to the earbuds and the Cottage Core station. I turned off the earbuds and my sim even left the lot area to go forage for mushrooms. The sounds continued but were localized on my lot location. If you zoom out, it eventually fades out. Zoom in on the lot and the sound gets louder. The sim on the lot didn't even have earbuds in his inventory.

Changing the station doesn't fix the issue either.

Message 21 of 69 (4,482 Views)

Earbuds Play a lot of Music and Stay in one Spot

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except kits, Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, Moshino, Luxury Party, Bowling night, & Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I got the bug by saving the game while having the earbuds playing music.
What happens when the bug occurs? A bunch of different music is playing(only supposed to be CottageCore) and after the sim moves from the spot it was standing in the music(s) continue to play in that one spot the sims was in.
What do you expect to see? I expect to only hear the one type of music I want playing and the music is either moving with the sim or just playing everywhere overall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch/update and the Cottage Living pack installed.

I got earbuds suddenly and immediately started using them because I am a big fan of constantly having music playing. I decided that it had been a while since I saved and then saved my game while the music was playing thinking everything would be fine. After it loaded back and unpaused, I was assaulted with a bunch of different songs or music types. I turned off the the music and that didn't work, I reset my sim and that didn't work, my sim moved and then I discovered it only stayed in that one spot. I thought that it was the cat and after the cat left the music was still there! I decided to report the bug in hopes to bring attention to it and get it fixed.

Message 22 of 69 (4,489 Views)

Re: [CoL] Loud scratch sound/Multiple songs when listing to Cottage Core on Earb

★ Guide

I also am experiencing static plus several tracks playing at once after using earbuds to turn on the cottagecore music channel. It also charges me $25 simoleons every time I turn them on.

Message 23 of 69 (4,438 Views)

Re: Earbuds Play a lot of Music and Stay in one Spot

★★ Novice
@rosilydiamond156 Yes, got the same problem...
Message 24 of 69 (4,409 Views)

Re: [CoL] Loud scratch sound/Multiple songs when listing to Cottage Core on Earb

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue (Realtek Audio), occurring on earbud playing of cottagecore, and with the speakers at the town fair. Scratching sound and seeming to play multiple tracks at the same time. It also localises to wherever the audio was first turned on and continues to play when the camera returns to that location, even if the earbuds or speakers have been turned off or switched to a different station

Message 25 of 69 (4,362 Views)

Noise as if radio is out of tune or playing backwards

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use headphones and have Sim listen to cottagecore music.
What happens when the bug occurs? A noise like a radio that is playing out of tune or backwards? It's very loud. It sounded like something went wrong with the second cottagecore song. Nothing I did would stop the noise - I even deleted the headphones and had no other stereo on the lot. I sent my Sim to another lot, and it continued. It did stop after I closed and reopened the game...for now.
What do you expect to see? No loud, annoying noise.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed latest patch and CL.

After my Sim listed to cottagecore on the headphones, I turned off the music.  Later in the day, a noise suddenly started that sounded like a radio playing out of tune or a song playing backwards.  It was very loud.  I tried turning on and turning off the headphones, choosing another type of music (which I couldn't hear because it was stuck on The Noise), deleting the headphones.  It seems to have disappeared since I closed the game and reopened, but it started at random - she was not listening to the headphones when they started to make The Noise. 

Message 26 of 69 (4,322 Views)

★ Novice

i'm having the same problem (multiple songs playing at the same time with the cottagecore station)

After this the earbuds won't play any station, nor will the songs be played in game options. 

Message 27 of 69 (4,278 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Saw that sound cards etc were being asked about, so just wanted to add that I'm also experiencing this bug on PS5. Starts when I use the cottagecore station on earbuds and persists whenever I change it to a different station. 

Message 28 of 69 (4,244 Views)

★ Apprentice
@raincloudshade That's actually great to hear! That means it's a coding issue! Not a user-side one. Get on it, Maxis! Standard smile
Message 29 of 69 (4,196 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I got this too. First the crackling/noisy music on the cottagecore station, then the music from the earbuds wouldn't turn off.

I tried deleting the earbuds (let the sim place them on the floor, then deleted them in build mode). That didn't turn off the music.

Then I tried travelling to another lot, to see if that would reset the music. The music kept playing in the other neighborhood too (the nature reserve lot in Henford), even though the sim didn't have earbuds and there was no stereo present. The sound was coming from a certain spot, if I moved the camera around it would grow louder near that spot and go away if I moved the camera away from that spot. Going back to their house didn't turn off the sound.

Restarting the game turned off the sound. I bought new earbuds for the sims, and they can now listen to music on their earbuds normally. The cottagecore station is still crackling and weird, but they can turn on and off the music and change stations as usual. 

So, there are two issues:

1: The cottagecore station is crackling and noisy. For me, this happens on both the free earbuds and earbuds bought online.

2: The music won't stop even when turning off the earbuds, deleting them or travelling to another lot. It only stops when restarting the game. For me, this only happened with the free earbuds, not earbuds bought online.

I also noticed that the free earbuds can be placed on the floor and then picked up by any sim in the household, while the bought earbuds can't be picked up by anyone (not even the sim who bought them) after they have been placed on the floor. So they are treated differently in some way.

Message 30 of 69 (4,135 Views)