Re: [CoL] Loud scratch sound/Multiple songs when listing to Cottage Core on Earb

by CARR1EF1SHER

Original Post

Re: [CoL] Loud scratch sound/Multiple songs when listing to Cottage Core on Earb

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@raincloudshadeCan confirm same issue when using Free** Earbuds and playing Cottage core (Demonic sounds coming from Earbuds after loading fresh new save) - - Does anyone else's ALSO Skip songs on normal radio stations? I found out that every Music station Skips* like on a Record player... It keeps skipping and then plays next song after only a few seconds. Eternally Looping. 🤐

Edit to add: I'm playing this on an Xbox One Series X console. 

Message 31 of 69 (1,372 Views)

★★ Novice

This happens to me on the PS4. It's very loud and changing lots or worlds do not stop the sound. The difference is that it happens on all radios as well if I try to listen to Cottagecore. If I try to listen to anything else after Cottagecore, it doesn't fix it. 

Message 32 of 69 (1,300 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've got this issue too when using the headphones. When I play the Cottagecore channel on a regular stereo it works fine, but with headphones it overlaps multiple songs and the music keeps going even after turning off the headphones. The only way to make it stop is to restart the whole game.

Message 33 of 69 (1,282 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm on Xbox and having this same issue. Had three sims doing uni homework while listening to different stations on earbuds, one being Cottagecore. The Cottagecore sim and another left for class and it now sounds like every song is trying to play at once. 

Message 34 of 69 (1,261 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Earbuds Bug?

★★★ Newbie

Mine as well. It's extremely jarring when all I wanna do is listen to some chill music. @-@@

Message 35 of 69 (1,220 Views)

Earbuds playing all cottage core songs at the same time.. ouch lol

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack and expansion
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get your sims to sit down and read a book while listening to the ear buds. I chose cottagecore to hear what it sounded like.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every single cottagecore song plays at the same time in unison and gets crackly and bad quality. I tried turning off the ear buds but the music continued to play. So I tried turning it on again to cottage core and it didnt work. Then I tried changing the station to classical and then all of the classical music started playing at the same time WITH the cottage core LOL! it was very scary, amusing and confusing at the same time.
What do you expect to see? I just expected one song to play at a time while listening to the earbuds. Things I am not sure added to it. She lives off grid, in a farm. Has simple living and off grid as challenges. It was raining? I am not sure but I tried fixing it and I was not able to. It keeps happening.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I wish I was able to take a video of it but I am not able to with my PC yet. 

Message 36 of 69 (1,205 Views)

Re: Cottage Living Earbuds Bug?

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes even after that patch they did mine is still doing this. 

Message 37 of 69 (1,194 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I really hope they fix this soon I don't enjoy playing the sims with no music.

Message 38 of 69 (1,178 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Have they said anything about this issue yet? I see there is no open tag on this post anymore.

This is kind of ridiculous considering how much I paid for CoL for the music to not work and for my animals to die... Does EA provide refunds for packs that have issues?

Message 39 of 69 (1,035 Views)

★★ Novice

I noticed that even when i turn off the earbuds or change the music, the cottagecore music is playing in a specific area on the lot (maybe where i turned it on originally?).  When i zoom out, the music is not noticeable, but as i go around the lot, it get louder in one specific area.

Message 40 of 69 (830 Views)