Re: [CoL] Loud scratch sound when listing to Cottage Core on Earbuds

by BBG_Daryl

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
@ChemicalPrncess it seems to me like it's playing every track in that genre at the same time or smth
Message 11 of 69 (1,780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oh boy, I just went in and tried to test this. It's happened to me too. Senneheiser gaming headset, Realtek sound card as well. It does appear to be strictly the CottageCore channel specifically using earbuds. After fully shutting the game down, I went back in and was able to listen to other radio stations on the earbuds with no problem. I can listen to all radio stations, including CottageCore, on the HiFive High Fidelity Stereo. Stereos seem to be fine. I also tested the TV channels out, and they sound fine too. 

So with everything else sounding fine, I tried the CottageCore channel on my earbuds for a second time.... and it was fine. Whatever the problem is, I solved it either by shutting the game down or perhaps by playing the CottageCore channel from a stereo first? 

Once the bug happens, I found that exiting to the main menu and re-entering the game is not enough. The sound will be gone, but the moment you turn on ANY music station (earbuds OR radio) or even the TV, the demonic sound comes back. The OP is correct -  a full shutdown of the game is needed to correct the problem. I'm not sure why it appears to be intermittent, but it was observed.

Message 12 of 69 (1,765 Views)

★ Apprentice
At request of the Hero post, I'm using VIA HD Audio, speakers plugged into the pc directly. Very basic Insignia speakers (2 speakers, 1 tiny subwoofer).settings.png
Message 13 of 69 (1,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

sound.png

I hadn't thought to check the actual radio, I've only been using the earbuds for the fun boost and the devil screeching happens to me about 98% of the time if I listen to cottagecore on them. I also tried swapping the channel and turning the earbuds off and it just starts overlapping and it's like 1000x worse than the original problem.

Upon further inspection, it seems like to me it's always messing up on the same song but I am not sure what song this is?

I am somewhat relieved to see other people are encountering this issue as well and that my game isn't cursed. 

Message 14 of 69 (1,742 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I played the Cottage core radio station and got static using both the earbuds and stereo. It sounded like multiple songs were playing at once and I couldn't skip to the next song. Then when I tried to turn it off the music kept playing.

Message 15 of 69 (1,706 Views)

★★★ Novice

i had the same issue too! just with the cottagecore tracks and required a game restart.

Message 16 of 69 (1,668 Views)

Hero
Thanks for all the reports.

Could you guys play around with the settings a bit to see if it makes a difference ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 69 (1,661 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

using a Sound Blaster ae5 plus

Sound settings.jpg

Message 18 of 69 (1,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Fiddled with the settings and no change. I tried adjusting volume settings first, restarting in between each failure. I didn't think the volume would matter, but ya know? For sake of fully testing, I guess? I can't really change my speaker setup since I only have two speakers, but I'm sure someone else will try it. Tried various combinations of audio focus, mood sting, and match speed turning them on and off, again restarting each time the squalling of demons began. No changes.

Here's something that might be relevant though. Has everyone in the thread with this error gotten it on the free earbuds that appear in your inventory? Has anyone gotten the demon calls from a purchased set of earbuds? My friend tried to recreate the bug, but they purchased their earbuds via the computer and the music played normally. This might be something with specifically the free ones? I dunno how that would work, but I figured worth a shot to ask.

Edited for formatting.

Message 19 of 69 (1,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I also tried every sound config I could think of and I also plugged in actual speakers and tested that as well and there was still the scream of 1000 banshees.

I think it is all earbuds as I immediately sold the free ones after this happened so I wouldn't accidentally use them again because it is a habit. When I rebought earbuds for this test the noise was back. I also tested a different character but same world/ different character different world but like save file and it happened there too,

Message 20 of 69 (1,575 Views)