[CoL] Ice Cream and Popcorn recipes don't require ingredients with Simple Living

by LunarBritney

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[CoL] Ice Cream and Popcorn recipes don't require ingredients with Simple Living

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs up to Cottage Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ice Cream and Popcorn can be made with no ingredients which makes no sense if the Simple Living lot trait is active.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims can make Ice Cream or Popcorn despite having Simple Living lot challenge.
What do you expect to see? Sims should not be able to make Ice Cream and Popcorn without having ingredients to make them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 15 (1,782 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CoL] Ice Cream and Popcorn recipes don't require ingredients with Simple Li

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Just to clarify - we are currently not treating this as a bug.

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (415 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CoL] Ice Cream and Popcorn recipes don't require ingredients with Simple Li

The Kava Bowl, which lists kava as an optional ingredient, is also not affected by the lot challenge.

Message 2 of 15 (1,717 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Not sure if reviving the thread or creating a new one is preferred, but this issue is made more apparent with the addition of home chef hustle, and the mod to fix it is now broken.

Message 3 of 15 (965 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah, the issue is definitely much more prominent due to the updates for the ice cream machine and the whole recipe overhaul, yet still no milk for ice cream. It is truly disappointing how inconsistent everything is

Message 4 of 15 (893 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

For the Icecream machine you're totally right. There's a menu, so it would be easy to add milk and other ingredients.

icecreambug.jpg

For the popcorn maker, there's no menu (it's like a microwave) so I don't know if it would be possible to add ingredients, and we don't have CORN in the game...

popcornbug.jpg

I still clicked Me too.

Message 5 of 15 (874 Views)

★ Guide
@LunarBritney Ice Cream is the one thing I don't want them to add regular milk ingredients for, as I can imagine my vegan sims used plant milk.

Unless the team could fix it to make it optional to use either regular milk or plant milk.
Message 6 of 15 (829 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello @GiardiniDiMarzo@LunarBritney,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

EDIT: There was a misunderstanding.  We no longer need saves.  Thank you.

Message 7 of 15 (700 Views)

★★ Guide

This isn't a save-specific issue. The recipes just don't have ingredients assigned to them in the game code as they should've been, because the whole point of the lot challenge is to not allow players to make food without having the required ingredients. Right now, ice cream, popcorn (don't know how that one is going to get fixed considering there is no actual corn plants in the game), kava bowls, hot pots, firepits, and the cupcake machine (the Get to Work baked goods recipes) do not use any ingredients and just take simoleans away, which goes against the entire design of Simple Living lot challenge.

Message 8 of 15 (682 Views)

★★ Guide
@GiardiniDiMarzo It's possible, because the game has entries for these recipes and the menu just reads them and lists what is available, same with these interactions, they just show what's available Standard smile I think the grill has the same options and I think they require ingredients
Message 9 of 15 (677 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSimsDirect I will provide my savefile, but I agree with @LunarBritney it's not a save-specific issue.
Message 10 of 15 (675 Views)