by PorcelainMartlet

Original Post

[CoL] Golden chickens won't stop improving wild plants

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Dream Home Decorator, Country Kitchen, and Industrial Loft.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask a golden chicken for gardening help without fencing it in.
What happens when the bug occurs? Golden chickens continue trying to improve plant quality even when plants are perfect. Also leaving the lot to improve wild plants, even when perfect.
What do you expect to see? Golden chickens to ignore perfect quality plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My golden chickens leave my lot every morning and run off to improve faraway wild plants. Even once every plant has become perfect quality.

They don't return at night unless called back.

I don't really mind that they improve wild plants, but they spend all day trying to improve already perfect plants. (wild or planted) And become miserable from lack of attention.

Maybe my fault for not fencing them in, but it still seems like a bug.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (560 Views)

Re: Golden chickens won't stop improving wild plants

Hero
@PorcelainMartlet Did you test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (542 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I haven't no. Since I play on a shared family computer I have rare chance to try, sorry.

I didn't think any of my content was likely to be causing this, but if no one else is seeing the problem I can take a second look.

Message 3 of 7 (506 Views)

Hero
@PorcelainMartlet For the bug forum, it's important that all bugs are tested on vanilla. It does sound like it could be a game issue but if you get a chance, please to test without mods.

For the future, always remove your mods before reporting something at the bug forum unless it's an established bug that already has a thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (487 Views)

Hero
@PorcelainMartlet Did you get chance to test this with no mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (439 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Very sorry, no. I haven't even had time to play lately.

Message 6 of 7 (421 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You know this isn't a mod issue, the video of the testing game play for Cottage Living showed it happening to Carl Carls Review

Its crazy but... I have found a use for those crazy critters. Take all your 'normal' stuff (milk, wool etc) and lay it near them and Shazam! excellent quality 😂 And if you are a witch just copy and paste for a heap of excellent stuff due to the crazy.

Message 7 of 7 (398 Views)