by BayWanders

Original Post

[OPEN] [CoL] Finchwick Fair Submission Not Returning to Inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, dream home decorator, journey to Batuu, realm of magic, Strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, my first pet, laundry day, toddler, fitness, vintage glamour, movie hangout, spooky, and bust the dust.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Submit a chicken and an egg at the Finchwick Chicken Fair (the first fair, I started the game in Spring). 2. Wait until the fair ends. 3. Check inventory for missing chicken and egg.
What happens when the bug occurs? The submission items (1 chicken and 1 egg) are not returned to your sims inventory.
What do you expect to see? The submission items (1 chick and 1 egg) returned to inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have only tried this twice and only at the chicken fair. If this is going to continue then I don't want to waste my time feeling like I am mining the game only to lose my items at the fair. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 114 (12,358 Views)

Re: Finchwick Fair Submission Not Returning to Inventory

★ Apprentice

I also just had this issue and I really don’t want to submit any more animals to the fair if I’m just going to lose them. It’s so mean???

Message 2 of 114 (12,346 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just attended my first fair, I don't care about losing the egg but my Rooster? Thank GOD I had saved at the beginning and didn't save over it. I'm incredibly disappointed if this is how it's meant to function. I assumed it was a bug and/or I didn't 'pick up' my Rooster before it ended or something. But regardless, I won't be putting any pet into the fair if this is how its handled. I worked hard to build up my relationship.

Message 3 of 114 (12,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

— NO LONGER A SOLUTION —

Think I figured it out. Check you household inventory, not the individual sim's inventory.

Message 4 of 114 (12,286 Views)

★ Novice

This just happened to me too. Guess I just lost a hen. If you do not get them returned from the fair without making sure to pick them up, then that is extremely annoying and a waste of everyone's time. And I do not even know if that is the case, do you have to just pick them up at the end? Where does it say this explicitly? Extremely frustrated!!

Message 5 of 114 (12,284 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@BayWanders My hen was not there either. I just lost my sim's best friend...
Message 6 of 114 (12,246 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Out of curiosity, was the hen in your household inventory? 

Message 7 of 114 (12,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Anyone that clicked me too or posted NOT have it in the household inventory ?

All fair entries (including eggs) go to the household inventory after the fair and not the inventory.

@ChristieThePup @TheCakeMachine @Zipwhat23 @sparky619 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 114 (12,173 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I reloaded my save prior to attending the fair, and I didn't go the next time it passed by, so I am unsure. But they really could have explained that better if that is the case.
Message 9 of 114 (12,160 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Mine is definitely NOT in my household inventory, nor is it in my sims personal inventory.

Message 10 of 114 (12,125 Views)