by fernanda_l

Original Post

[CoL] Crumplebuttom's horticultural store is always closed outside HoB

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Interior Design and Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I placed the horticultural store in Newcrest but it never opened, it is always closed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The horticultural store stays closed.
What do you expect to see? That the horticultural store stays opens.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Crumplebuttom's horticultural store is always closed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 18 (2,003 Views)

Re: Crumplebuttom's horticultural store is always closed.

Hero
@fernanda_l Not sure if that's supposed to work on a lot. Do food stands work that you place on lots ?

Does the one HoB work as expected ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (1,986 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, there is a food stand in the lot and it works normally.
I tested in a new game and it does work in HoB, but in the game I am playing that I placed the horticulture store in Newcrest, it is not working neither in Newcrest or HoB and the Crumplebutton sisters say they are the owners but they never open the store.
The HoB grocery store is functioning normally and is open, the problem is the Crumplebutton sisters' store.

Message 3 of 18 (1,973 Views)

Hero
@fernanda_l Could be cause of their special role but maybe it shouldn't be possible to place them then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (1,950 Views)

Re: [CoL] Crumplebuttom's horticultural store is always closed outside HoB

Community Manager (retired)

When placing the store in Newcrest, did you try using the Hire Vendor interaction? It won't open on its own unless you use that interaction.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 18 (1,900 Views)

Hero
@fernanda_l Tagging to see Nick's question

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (1,881 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm going to test, but I don't think I had options in the store to choose from when I clicked.

Message 7 of 18 (1,870 Views)

Cottage Living retail stands don’t work in other worlds.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.80.69.1030 / Mac: 1.80.69.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available dlc is installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place either the grocery or garden stall/stand from Cottage Living (EP 11) on a community lot type with another retail stall i.e. from City Living.
What happens when the bug occurs? You will see when placed on a community lot type side by side, the retail stall from City Living is attended by an NPC and can be interacted with for purchasing goods but the Cottage Living stalls do not generate an NPC attendant and cannot be interacted with.
What do you expect to see? I expect that on a community lot type any of the retail stalls offered in the regular build/buy catalog will generate an NPC attendant and sims can purchase goods from the stall.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

They have never worked outside of Henford On Bagley but they are offered in the regular build/buy catalog presumably for player to place and use in other worlds, so it seems that they should work properly in those worlds by generating an NPC attendant and functioning as intended when sims approach to make purchases. I have tried in both a completely mod/cc free vanilla save and in saves with mods, the results are the same. All other retail stalls generate NPC attendants and sims can interact to buy the item the stall is labeled to sell on community lot types except these two stalls. 

Message 8 of 18 (1,819 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this problem in Evergreen Harbor on a community lot as well. Neither of the HOB stalls has any options when you click on them. They just stay closed. I tried hanging out for a few hours to see what would happen and someone came to work at the hot tea stall but no the HOB ones. 

Message 9 of 18 (1,798 Views)

★ Pro

You need to hire a Vendor. The Vendor that shows up will be one of the regular NPC Vendors, not a Crumplebottom. This is Outlook Park in Newcrest.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 1.18.15 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 1.19.54 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 1.20.52 PM.jpg

Message 10 of 18 (1,753 Views)