by engramplays

Original Post

[CoL] Can't resume Jam after stove breaks

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (Btdk currently disabled in console options)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a stove break while trying to make jam
What happens when the bug occurs? Jam cannot be resumed after the stove is repaired
What do you expect to see? To be able to resume the jam, or at the very least clean it up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is one of those freak random event types of issues, I have no way to reproduce on demand, so I'll just try to give as much detail as I can think of.

• I am playing a tiny home residential lot (Tier 2)
  • Lot challenges are off-the-grid and simple living [Edit: Also wild foxes, forgot about that one]
  • I was using the off-the-grid canning option from the stove at the time
  • Edit: The lot did have power available at the time, in case that makes a difference
  • I was making Apple Jam
  • The stove broke between the first phase of canning and the second
  • I repaired the stove, then tried to resume canning
  • I don't have a video of the incident itself, but I did record the behavior of trying to interact with the partially-finished jam: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zQUS64gMyDaUButU200xOykqhXrN5pA5/view?usp=sharing
  • I did indeed eventually kill it with fire after moving it outside the house.
  • Mods have never been installed during the history of my current save.

Update: This just happened to me again (same save, same household) under the same conditions, only this time it was Strawberry Jam instead of apple. I tried reloading the lot and still couldn't resume or clean up, and I can't drag it to the trash can either. I went to Build/Buy mode and it will let me sell it for 0 simoleans, but I noticed that when I moved it there, it shows up as a **DEBUG** item:

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 8.08.03 PM.png

Update 2: The stove broke while making Aubergine Conserve, but this time I had used the regular canning option (not off-the-grid). I was able to successfully resume this one.

Message 1 of 2 (693 Views)

Re: [CoL] Can't resume Jam after stove breaks

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sim cannot resume canning if the action is interrupted for any reason. My sim is living off the grid and is using the off the grid stove so I am not sure if the problem is lack of electricity as I started canning using the "off the grid - canning" option directly on the stove.

I have all DLC and am not using any mods. Issue occurs 100% of the time.

Message 2 of 2 (626 Views)