by nebwise

Original Post

Club Very Broken (ps4)

★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? nebcinema
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? N/A
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? N/A
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Club Menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to invite friends or new members, or search for friends.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? N/A
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since season 7 patch.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Friends can't see my club in the listings. When I invite a friend to the club, they report seeing no invite notification. When I search for friends to invite, I only see listings for PC and Xbox players (no-one on playstation, and most of my friends are on PS4). After matches, I don't seem to be able to invite squad-mates to my club, and I'm not seeing the "invite previous squad-mates" name-tags either. Sometimes they do show briefly, then flicker away. At one point, the logo for my club was a black square, and would crash the game if I tried to edit it (since fixed by generating a random logo, and editing that).
What should be happening instead? When I invite people on my friends list, they should receive some notification of the invitation. I'd like to be able to invite capable squad-mates to my club after matches, as well.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk. Try reviewing the db entry for "Steady Operators", tag: "STYO". See if there's something malformed in a data field, or some tag or classification that's excluding me from my local gameplay region.

From day one, I haven't been able to invite folks to my club, and haven't seen a single application. I've tried changing the settings, and it doesn't seem to impact the problem. I've recreated my club once, changing the tag from "STDO" to "STYO" ("STDY" was rejected as inappropriate). I'm already losing friends to other clubs, it would be nice to know why mine isn't working.

Message 1 of 24 (1,588 Views)

Re: Club Very Broken (ps4)

★ Guide

Strangely, I don't even show as online in my own club, and the timeline doesn't load unless you click on the tab a few times.

Apex Legends_20201111124138.jpg

Message 2 of 24 (1,540 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @nebwise

That's really weird. There are some troubleshooting steps I'd like to try to see if we can help with the Club issues you've been seeing. First, I'd recommend starting off with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website to see if that helps. If you're still having the same issues after that check out the PlayStation-specific steps as well. 

Let me know if you're still running into the same issues after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 24 (1,516 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent Yeah, ran through the connectivity list, definitely not that. I have a solid connection, don’t see/hear any issues with gameplay or cosmetics inventory. It’s just club and friend issues.

Earlier this evening, I was removed from my own club, and kicked to the club selection lobby. It wouldn’t let me make or join another club. I rebooted, and am back into my empty club (it still doesn’t show me as online).
Message 4 of 24 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar issue. I'm on PC and my friend is on PS4. My PC friends get invites for the club, but nothing comes up for my PS4 friend when I send him a club invite.

Message 5 of 24 (1,369 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update!

Do you recall if you logged into a different PSN ID on your console while Apex Legends was still up and running before this happened? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 24 (1,290 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. I cannot find my friend's club either. We have tried everything. Connectivity, searching by tags, different spellings, him spamming me invites, me creating my own test club and then deleting it. Nothing helps. I even tried having another friend search and she couldn't find it either on her PS4. I only have one ID to log in, and no one else has ever even touched that PS4. The club's name is 'CrazyCanuck' run by Yecnarf. Would there be an issue between a Canadian and a USA account reaching each other?

Message 7 of 24 (1,278 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent No. I've only ever accessed Apex from a single account on my PS4. I also only play on the console, don't have a desktop setup.
Message 8 of 24 (1,255 Views)

★ Guide
@Axs3197Sxa4484 Yeah, my friends and I have tried the same things. No-one else seems to be able to see my club either. Frown
Message 9 of 24 (1,254 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent I have seen this issue too, but not the same way. My friend was inviting me to his club, but I did not get an invitation, I had to search for the club name.
Message 10 of 24 (1,250 Views)