Closing game application hard crashes PS4

★ Apprentice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Dear Diary
What was your chosen difficulty level? Hard
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Any time when trying to close the game application.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Every Damn Day
Summarize your bug The game is hard crashing my PS4 every time I close the game application. I'm forced to unplug the chord from the console and go through hard crash protocol.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try playing the game on PS4.
What happens when the bug occurs? It crashes my PS4
What should be happening instead? The game should not crash my PS4

This is getting ridiculous! I'm forced to put in a bug topic on these stupid forums because there is no "customer" support via phone for either Bioware or EA. Meanwhile you guys have my money and I have product that is literally breaking my console. I want a resolution or at least acknowledgement that  you guys are aware of this issue. I'm not a coward consumer, I know my rights and I will start a legal battle if that's what it takes. 

Message 1 of 4 (553 Views)

Re: Closing game application hard crashes PS4

★★ Novice

My PS4 slim also did this last night! Which is a lot more than a simple bug in the game. 

Just tried going to the dashboard and closing the app and then turning off the PS4 and it didn't happen but I should be able to turn of my console while on the game.

Message 2 of 4 (544 Views)

★ Novice

Every single time I close the application no matter from what screen (in-game, game menu, dashboard) my PS4 crashes. This all started last night and now it happens every time I close the game. 

Message 3 of 4 (529 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not playing on the PS4.  But on the PC (with 32GB of DRAM) this game takes far too long to close down.  It takes me to a black screen and waits for 20-30 seconds to actually close.  Ironically that's about 3X as long as it takes my system to boot up.  So it's not a fault with my hardware.  It's completely their game!!

Message 4 of 4 (526 Views)
Twitter Stream