[Closed] Progress being set back in quests/events

by VintageStarlette

Original Post

Re: Progress setback

★★★★★ Guide

Yep this happened to me this week, sent a sim to do one of those long quests for the new hobby unlock, hard closed because I was a noo-nah and ran out of battery juice, when the device was fired up again the game set me back so I sent a different sim to do the quest... here is the strange thing though, after exiting the game and going back to it BOTH sims had completed the hobby quest even though I sent to original sim to do something else 😱

Message 11 of 33 (990 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
It's the Possessed Quest!!! 😱👻☠️
Message 12 of 33 (988 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This happened to me on Saturday night. I lost at least an hour’s work from before I went to bed and the work my Sims were supposed to be doing while I slept. Woke up, logged in, and saw everything set back. It pushed me back 5 hours today because one was supposed to be doing a special event over night to save time on the daily task lost tomorrow.

Between worrying over losing progress and worrying over retiring Sims because of the stuck elder issue (don’t need another one hanging around my house), this game is really starting to give me anxiety.
Message 13 of 33 (939 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SiriuslyPink Welcome to the club! Here's a calming-shade-of-blue t-shirt and some aromatheraputic tea. *hug*
Message 14 of 33 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
😢 i’m still working with the technical support team! crossing fingers!
Message 15 of 33 (910 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How do we get help for the setback, I was close to getting the new hobby but now there is no way to finish in time, that happened to me during the other quest also....grrr I also want to say I retired a sim and promoted another and was given the pickpocket item and within 20 minutes I had to retire the same sim and received a different one....

Message 16 of 33 (906 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Granofsam Yep. I've gotten 2 pickpocket charms that way. And that's totally against my principles!
Message 17 of 33 (901 Views)

Latest event

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6s
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003337351659
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a look at the bug and fix it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to get back the 94 dollars (sim cash) I had to spend to get the event done on time. Have been saving for a long time.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Norway
Additional feedback I was finishing up the lates event, where you get at webcam, but when I got back in to the game, expecting one of the sims to be done with the last thing on the list, it hadn’t even started. I had been logged on several times earlier that day, and the sim was working on the task.

Hope for a quick answer. Ingvild :-)
Message 18 of 33 (937 Views)

Re: Lost quest progress

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I did. They said since they couldn't prove that I had actually been at part 12 there wasn't anything they could do but to post it here to see if anyone else had this problem. I've seen a couple people on other site say they have had this issue so I know it wasn't just me. Thankfully I was able to complete the quest.

Edited to add the screenshot of my last correspondence with customer support.

Message 19 of 33 (921 Views)

Re: Lost quest progress

★★★ Newbie
Happened to me too, started over, made it to the second 7 hour quest part, can't remember which part that was because now the quest is completely gone....
Message 20 of 33 (904 Views)