Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[Closed] Progress being set back in quests/events

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S8+
OS Version Android 8.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003561971484
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you're able to review my play activity, you might be able to see where I've repeated completion actions within a protracted timespan?
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

I open the SM app. I perform actions to complete events. When I end events, I immediately begin new events. I hard-close the app.

When I re-open the app, usually within 5-10 minutes, the game has thrown back to (approximately) the previous access point, so I have to repeat actions to complete the same events.

This problem doesn't seem to affect rewards earned.

Message 3 of 33 (3,151 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost quest progress

I haven't heard anything back. When losing process contacting customer support would be the best option.

I'll close this issue.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 33 of 33 (1,689 Views)

All Replies

Lost quest progress

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Apple iPhone 7, Apple iPad pro
OS Version iOS 11
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002946495954
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I was at part 12/18 in the new quest to unlock the internet icon hobby. I switched to my ipad and was set back to part 1/18.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see staying at part 12 of the quest to unlock the new hobby when switching devices.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

I was playing the game on my iphone and was waiting for the new day to start to continue with part 12 of the quest to unlock the internet icon hobby. Wanting to play on a bigger screen I switched to my ipad only to be put back at part 1 of the quest. I tried going back to my iphone to see if I still had part 12 there and when the game loaded I was still back at part 1.

Message 1 of 33 (3,103 Views)

Re: Lost quest progress

Best thing would be to contact an EA game advisor about this issue.

You can do so through The Sims Mobile app. Open the side menu, choose the gear icon, then the button with 'Help'.
This will open your browser, scroll down until you see 'Contact Us' and choose 'Technical Support'.

Open the spoiler for pictures:

Spoiler
collaged.jpg

If this fails for some reason, or you can't access The Sims Mobile app. 

You can contact EA through this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you want to do so in a different language you can choose your country of choice in the upper right-hand corner. 

You can also choose to contact an EA game advisor through social media:

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EAHelp
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/ 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 33 (3,073 Views)

Re: Progress setback

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
Additional information: For instance, in the most recent setback occurrence, I had 2 Sims complete events, so I started new events. When I re-opened, the events had been set back to the previous access point.

Originally, I had also tapped a land plot to clear. 30k Simoleans were deducted from my balance. Hard-close.

I re-opened the app within 10 minutes. The completed events were no longer completed. The land plot was no longer in the process of being cleared, and the 30k Simoleans I spent were back in my balance.
Message 4 of 33 (3,116 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@VintageStarlette They really NEED to fix the progress lost and the game save problems. They are the most frustrating of all the bugs! 😣😟

Message 5 of 33 (3,110 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@PaQuilter1 I'm treading lightly because my problems have been not much nore than a minor nuisance, but I believe the same bug is what's affected @Finealta and stripped her of HOURS hard work. Of course, the setback problems also affect parties, and @BlueWizardRob (among others) got their party slots deducted but didn't get to party!!!

Life is too short—in-game and IRL—to have to repeat itshay! Lol!!!

[Off-topic but not unrelated: I always say, You couldn't PAY me enough to repeat my 20s. Amn-straightday!]
Message 6 of 33 (3,103 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Well, the setback seems to be occuring more frequently. My Sim John Wayne has completed level 6 of the yoga hobby 3 times with 3 different login instances.

A completed Fashion Icon event set back an hour, so it's not completed anymore.

And now I've got 2 Sims doing the 7-hr icon event because I thought I was setting a second Sim on the Fan Club Encore, but was instead setting the Sim on the icon event.
Message 7 of 33 (3,089 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@VintageStarlette Well that really is a Pfooey! for sure. I just had to reload my game because none of my Friends were showing. This progress loss is really a bad bug. I cross my fingers every time I go back into the game. I wish EA would at least acknowledge it. People have time and money invested in this game and they deserve better. 😞

Message 8 of 33 (3,086 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@itsmesquivel just got thrown all the back to task 1 of the quest!!!!
Message 9 of 33 (3,076 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I can’t even imagine how frustrating & upset you must feel!  😕

No game should become this stressful!  

I wish EA would just fix all the bugs before throwing more Quests our way jmho 

Message 10 of 33 (3,067 Views)