Re: Items no longer fit

by plutjen

Original Post

[Closed] Objects showing up as blocked after being placed

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Lenovo Tab 4
OS Version Oreo 8.1.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1002973262766
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Random ... some items that have been placed with no problem later show up as blocked and cannot be used until you move them.
What do you expect to see? Correct placement of items
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

This has been happening since the large update in February. The first item I had problems with was the rocket ship.  I placed it with no problem, and the square was green. I was able to use it multiple times, but after restarting the game it would indicate that it was blocked and could not be used. When I tried to move it, it would show the space it had occupied previously as red; I would move it one square over, and it worked fine until I left the game. When I came back, I had the same problem. I finally moved some other stuff around and moved it to a different location and have not had any more problems with it.  Today, after having the baby bassinet in a particular place for a long time (and even having one baby with it there), in the middle of Bundle of Joy, all the bubbles for interactions suddenly disappeared. I left the area and came back, and still no bubbles. Finally clued in and moved the bassinet one square (the spot it was in showed up as red) and the bubbles reappeared and I was able to finish the event.

Message 1 of 23 (2,860 Views)

Re: Objects showing up as blocked after being placed

That sounds like something is off with the game syncing.

I'd suggest contacting EA on this, have them check out your account. If they can't find anything please let us know! 

You can do so through The Sims Mobile app. Open the side menu, choose the gear icon, then the button with 'Help'.
This will open your browser, scroll down until you see 'Contact Us' and choose 'Technical Support'.

Open the spoiler for pictures:

Spoiler
collaged.jpg

If this fails for some reason, or you can't access The Sims Mobile app. 

You can contact EA through this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you want to do so in a different language you can choose your country of choice in the upper right-hand corner. 

You can also choose to contact an EA game advisor through social media:

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EAHelp
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 23 (2,795 Views)

★ Guide
Thanks for the reply. Unless the bug gets worse though, I'll probably just put up with it. It's annoying, but (sad to say) I honestly don't have enough faith in EA support to let them mess around with syncing my game... as far as I know, the reset glitch is still happening to a lot of people and I'm not willing to risk it. I appreciate your response; if it becomes more of a problem I'll contact support.
Message 3 of 23 (2,794 Views)

I'm seeing more and more reports on this one, so I'll add it to the list! 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 23 (2,744 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Can you please list which objects exactly are you having problems with?
And when did you place them on your lot?

Message 5 of 23 (2,736 Views)

Items no longer fit

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Iphone7
OS Version Microsoft?
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003731629708
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What do you expect to see? My items to fit in the same spot they used to be
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback i filled out a bug report on this a couple days ago but got no response and I can no longer find it.

I put some of my items in storage to make room for party items, after the party I tried to put the items back where they were & they no longer fit. I tried removing all items around the area & nothing has worked. It's like the red around the items cover more area than they used to. This is very frustrating because I want to put my hot tub & other items back on the back patio where they were.

Message 6 of 23 (2,713 Views)

@plutjen I see your post got merged before. Please keep to this post, it's on the bug list. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 23 (2,688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The objects I had problems with were the rocket ship and the baby bassinet. I moved them both after I remodeled my house (a little before or after the big Feb 21 update, not sure which). They worked briefly, then out of the blue they were blocked.  As I mentioned above I was in the middle of Bundle of Joy with the bassinet, and halfway finished with it, when it stopped working and had to be moved. Thanks!

Message 8 of 23 (2,679 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know what else to do here. I've sent 2bug reports on this issue and have gotten no answers. Navigating this help site is so confusing & I can't seem to get somebody who can help. This is so frustrating. I still cannot fit my items in where they were & the only way to get them in there now is to have to clear more land and I'm up to 12605 Simoleons to clear a piece of land & that takes forever to accumulate. Why would these items fit before & now they don't? Why should one item fit perfectly & when I remove item temporarily & try to put it back in its place it takes up more squares on all 4 sides (so it's not even close to fitting). I wish I would have never had a party & put items in storage to make more room because now it has just screwed up my whole patio. Can someone please help me & the others having this problem, fix this? I am losing all incentive to play if I have to play for days to get more land so I can put my hot tub in my back yard.

Message 9 of 23 (2,593 Views)

[ Edited ]

@plutjen it seems to be a bug, fixing it will need to come from EA. 

A little above your reply SimGuruMaaike asked:

@SimGuruMaaike wrote:

Can you please list which objects exactly are you having problems with?
And when did you place them on your lot?

Maybe you can give her that information so she can start investigating this issue a little bit better?

You've made these two bug reports as well:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-send-bug-report/m-p/7725980#M11819
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/fresh-start-shower-is-blocked-in-sims-mobile/m-p/7612946#M1128...
Which both been answered by SalixCat. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 23 (2,698 Views)