by GillianLael

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Closed][Info needed] Not receiving Heirloom Chests

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad Pro
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003015496517
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After the tutorial on the new update, I went back to the Heirloom Store to trade in more Green tickets for chests. The first time, the tickets were deducted, but nothing happened. When I tried a little later, the white transition screen with the spinning gem appeared, but it did not bring up a chest and reverted to the Heirloom Store screen. I lost 50 green heirloom tickets.
What do you expect to see? I expected an Heirloom chest to appear, just as it has during the tutorial/walkthrough for the new update. Those transactions were successful.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

Phantom: Please read @SimGuruMaaike post with the request for more info:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Info-needed-Not-receiving-Heirloom-Chests/m-p/6877331#M56...

Message 2 of 64 (4,046 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Spent Green Heirloom Tickets but did not receive Heirloom Chests

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hey everyone, we're looking into this issue. What would help us a lot, if you could record a video when this issue happens in your game. You can do this by either using screen capturing functionality of the device or by using the video camera of a 2nd device. Please do make sure the video does not contain any personal identifiable information Standard smile

SimQARobo has created a post with some methods of sharing files/videos with us: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065... (One Drive/Google Drive for example) 

Thanks!

Edited: Also, if you remember, can you give us date/time that this happened? The more exact you can be with the time, the better. That would also help our investigation Standard smile 

View in thread

Message 26 of 64 (4,842 Views)

All Replies

Re: The Sims Mobile Update - June 13th, 2018 Patch Notes

★ Apprentice

One bug that I got from the new update is that I can’t seem to open the Heirloom chests that I bought? I can’t seem to find them anywhere. I checked in my inventory, buy mode, my heirloom collection, etc. I already reported the bug and they said to wait for 24 hours. Just thought I should mention it so that everybody can look out for it. Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 64 (4,103 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same issue here. Really annoyed to have wasted 50 tickets...
Message 3 of 64 (3,992 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Same here! I reported my case and was told to wait for 24 hours as purchases can take up to a day to finalize.

Message 4 of 64 (3,977 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem here! I also retired 3 sims and bought 2 of the heirloom chests after the new update. All three of my retiring sims had completed relationship stories and two had completed career stories. When I click on these sims in Previous Generations it says that none of them completed any life goals so they didn't give heirlooms! NO!  When I purchased the heirloom box It took my tickets, but didn't give me anything. The heirloom box bounced off the side of the screen like when you get a quest item, but the boxes aren't in my inventory (I checked everywhere), and I checked my heirloom list and nothing new was added. I checked my heirloom cases, storage, everywhere! Super unhappy that the tickets and Sim Retirements apparently went to waste. Lame.

Message 5 of 64 (3,962 Views)

It should bounce of screen, but after that a bigger screen should open up like this:

^B29B8ED7163CE508667161DEA4F562A5B43551C5E059554340^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Did this happen at all? Could you have clicked it away?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 64 (3,941 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
No, that screen did not appear. I saw it during the tutorial stage, but it didn’t appear for me when I went back to do it on my own.
Message 7 of 64 (3,927 Views)

★★ Novice
I also have wasted 25 of the purple tickets and like hundreds of my green tickets. I press it, the box shows up, moves to the side of the screen and nothing happens. No new heirlooms are found!
Message 8 of 64 (3,916 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a ticket open for the exact same issue as everyone here. I bought 3 regular boxes and one super. It flew off the screen to the right and I thought it was going to storage but it’s nowhere to be found. I never even got that pop up screen. The first rep told me to restart my app as a fix. Seriously?!  This is obviously a bug since so many of us are affected but it looks like they are ignoring this for whatever reason. 

Message 9 of 64 (3,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie
When I bought mine, the ones I bought just bounced off screen. I didn’t get the pop up and they didn’t appear in my collection.
Message 10 of 64 (3,861 Views)