[Closed] Game freezing during parties

by miater23

Original Post

Re: [Open] Game freezing during parties

EA Live QV Team

@Fuzzernutter wrote:

@SimGuruMaaike I can do that but It still might be the same issue? I was talking to @PaQuilter1 and @rmw8855 in party chat. PaQuilter had a hard time and rmw8855 told me my party started to crash on their end but they recovered. 

Yes please, because it sounds like there is something going on with the chat that I want to track separately. 

Message 71 of 98 (947 Views)

★ Expert

@SimGuruMaaike I started a new thread for you and paged you. It's really hard to get around here on my phone . I by accident put the thread  in general info and not in bugs section. I paged you there. Hopefully you can move my thread to bugs section. So sorry for the inconvenience 

Message 72 of 98 (940 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Game version is updated. 

First party of the day 6 p.m. UTC  +1. It looked like there were several players as it was levelling up quickly. No problem with  interactions with other sims. Progress was saved. Only issue was that chat was not available. I have reported it here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Another-players-party-and-chat-crash/m-p/6892498/highlight/fal...

Second party was already at level 10. No problems at all with anything. I was the only player at that party. 

I also hosted a foodie party 6:40 p.m. UTC +1. It reached level 10 in about 40 minutes. Chat was available and worked as it should. 

I sent one sim to the medical centre, moved some furniture there and returned to the party just to see if something unusual happened. 

Everything seemed normal 👍😊

I have to ask, is there a limit on the number of sims visible and available for interactions at a party? Is there some kind of rotation ?

I could see sims walking in through the door as the first players appeared in the chat. Then I  could only see the same sims even if there were several players at the party according to the chat. I could also see party progress levelling up but not new sims so I could give them stickers . Is it supposed to be like this or is this a bug?

I closed the game after one hour, checked out now again and all seems normal except for the fact that only few sims are at the party.

Thank you very much for your help. 😊

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 73 of 98 (921 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimGuruMaaike I tried to attend @themummyof4 's party today but the screen locked up and I had to restart the app. The worse part is I was charged for attending a party. That really needs to be fixed quickly. It isn't fair to charge us for a party we couldn't attend and receive no rewards for.

I had a problem with the chat on another party but I'll post that over on the chat bug report. I know you're working on these party problems but it's so frustrating. At maxed out Levels and Lifestyle, it's the best part of the game right now. 😟

Message 74 of 98 (900 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
My party was a success! No freezing or errors. I also didn’t put the WiFi on so maybe that helped.
Message 75 of 98 (872 Views)

@PaQuilter1@rmw8855@miater23 & @PaQuilter1 how are things going with parties lately?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 76 of 98 (800 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think things are okay with freezing. I’m starting to wonder if I have the “no party notification bug,” though that’s an issue for a different topic.

Message 77 of 98 (793 Views)

Just okay @miater23

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 78 of 98 (784 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I had a party last week and it glitched again. Error 400 it said, ugh.
Message 79 of 98 (765 Views)

Error 400 has his own thread @jada24k:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Party-no-longer-valid-Network-Error-400/m-p/6778500#M3323

This one is about a freeze or crash during parties.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 80 of 98 (748 Views)