[Closed] Game freezing during parties

by miater23

Original Post

[Closed] Game freezing during parties

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7
OS Version 11.3.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) Emeckia
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not certain
What do you expect to see? For the game to not freeze during interactions
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

While attending a party thrown by one of my contacts today, I found that the game freezes without warning. I’ve attended two parties today, and it’s only happening at one. It does not happens when I interact with objects, it happens when I try to speak to other Sims. I’m not certain what causes this, or exactly when this began to happen, because it didn’t seem to be happening yesterday.

Message 1 of 98 (3,346 Views)

Re: Game freezing during parties?

★ Expert
there is another thread where people throwing parties are getting notices the party is invalid. i wonder if those are the parties we are attending and why we are crashing at the party. i speak to the person who's party crashed my game so I'll find out if they got an invalid party notice and post back
Message 2 of 98 (3,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Sorry to hear your game freezes during parties! Can you give you me your player ID so I can take a closer look at this. This page explains how to find this id: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile, it has 13 numbers. 

Do you remember what type of party your friend was hosting? 

Message 3 of 98 (3,234 Views)

★ Expert

@SimGuruMaaike user id is 1003689975655 It was user @pepperjax1230 party who is playing on Apple. It was a foodie party . I could not complete the party, it froze. I shut my phone down and was able to send another sim in to complete the party.  I went and checked the party status and all went well. I checked a little later and the time left for the party stopped showing. It also looked like my sims never attended the party though it counted as one of my two parties attended that day. It then completely disappeared off my party list for the day. I received no rewards. pepper told me the party wound up crashing on their end but they got rewards 

Message 4 of 98 (3,225 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It has happened to me at 4 different parties this week.

Message 5 of 98 (3,209 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The party freezing bug started happening after we started getting the "Oops Party Full" notices. I'm not sure if that had something to do with it. 😏

Message 6 of 98 (3,166 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this freezing issue multiple times, though these all happened after the game update on Thursday; it happened at the first two parties I attended after the update as well as at the party I attended today. I noticed the issue today when I was attempting to select a sim as a target for a party action and it froze when I tried to click OK. Eventually, I noticed when I reentered the party that some of the sims were frozen (not always the same ones) and that if I didn't select any of these sims that the game wouldn't freeze on me (I can even select and unselect the frozen sim on the party action menu, I just can't click OK with a frozen sim). That being said, whenever I left this party, the game froze on the logo screen (though when I force closed it and reopened it and returned to the party the progress was saved). Also, if I stayed at the party too long, the party would also freeze (I suspect based on the timing that this may be related to the game trying to make a problematic sim appear). To my knowledge, this party wasn't close to reaching full status at the time I joined.

As best as I can tell, all the issues with freezing are a separate issue from the Invalid Party error bug; I have experienced this issue at parties that have not yet been rendered invalid and in fact the current party I'm experiencing this freezing issue with is still ongoing and was brought to level 10 after I had experienced this freezing issue.

Message 7 of 98 (3,154 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Sorry to hear your game freezes. Next time you notice this, can you tell me the exact time that it happens? (with your timezone)

Message 8 of 98 (3,127 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not the original poster - but I'm having trouble with a Studio party right now (8:50am EST). It freezes when I'm interacting with objects. Today is the first time I'm experiencing these issues.

I'm attending a different party (Birthday) and there are no issues at the party, but it's crashing when I try to leave the party to go home. This happened at 8:55am EST.

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform: Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy Note8 
OS Version 8.0.0

Player ID: 1002985673489

Message 9 of 98 (3,118 Views)

★★★ Novice
This describes my experience exactly. The first time it happened to me was yesterday. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it happened again at the first party I attended after reinstall.
Message 10 of 98 (3,089 Views)