Re: [Open] Game freezing during parties

by PlanetAuto

Original Post

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Happend to me to on two of three parties since tuesday. Not sure what the difference was, why it not happend at the third party. They were all level 40 with big houses, game freezes when starting interactions. 

From one party I was even thrown out although I already had completed some interactions. 

Time zone: UTC

Player ID: 1003453177688

Message 21 of 98 (1,337 Views)

Re: Game freezing during parties?

★★★★★ Apprentice

All parties freeze up my game as well. 

Message 22 of 98 (1,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've been having this same problem ever since the update! For me its after I complete 1-3 actions at a party, the game then freezes. Doesn't matter if its an object or trying to talk to other sims. It doesn't save the progress I've made either and it's super frustrating having to close the game and re-open it and go back to the party and then have it happen again. It is happening at all parties that I go to.

Player ID: 1003240613301

Message 23 of 98 (1,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This has happened to me a few times since the last update as well. When it happened today, I force stopped the app and cleared the cache (which was at 106MB). After that, I was able to join the party and complete a few interactions before it froze again. I went back to force stop the game and clear the cache, and the cache was high again. Maybe the problem has something to do with how the game is caching during a party? In all cases, the houses were large on large lots, with lots of interactions available. Yesterday, I waited about 3-4 hours; when I went back I was able to enter the party and interact normally. Update: After joining a 2nd party and interacting fine with no freezes, I went back to the first party with no problems at all (I even tried to make it freeze by switching sims, etc.). Not sure why that would fix the problem, but I'm guessing that's why I was able to return to a buggy party yesterday... I had chosen a 2nd party to attend.

Player ID: 1002973262766

Message 24 of 98 (1,273 Views)

Game freeze while visiting homes (4 parties)

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Always forget it’s the one before the newest one 😑
OS Version Latest
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003133057821
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game, go to a party, do party stuff, if lucky enough head to second party. Luck of the draw if it freezes in first house or second, but can’t get through two safely.
What do you expect to see? A working game
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Australia
Country
Additional feedback

The game freezing is brand new under 6hrs. First noticed it when visiting a new friends house for the first time, game just froze & after a hard restart everything was fine but now trying to do the daily parties and can’t even complete it because the game freezes so I’m forced to hard close which sets my progress back to zero.

Anyone else experincing freezes today?

Message 25 of 98 (1,249 Views)

Re: Game freeze while visiting homes (4 parties)

EA Live QV Team

Thank you all for the reports, we're still looking into this. If the party that freezes is from a friend of yours, can you ask them to post their player ID here for our investigation? 

Message 26 of 98 (1,209 Views)

Re: Game freeze while visiting homes (4 parties)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

To add to this...

was faced with ❌ (missing sims)

C94E032F-48C5-43A4-B48A-88501990A3BA.png

And take note note of the above two parties because my game froze in each and when I returned I still had the 2/2 attended today ( though impossible to get three stars since it insta freezes for me on all sims) but after hard resetting I was faced with one party vanishing off the list...

F8029B42-B557-4021-AE21-5E4B456FD183.png

... so I cannot even try to get three stars because the party has vanished off the list, spent ten minutes trying to see if it would show up if I kept searching for parties.

The first party was a newish player (could tell because they only had a handful of rooms and hardly any cleared land & was only party lvl2) and their party froze on me after the second or third event action, while the last party, the one that’s vanished, was a lvl40 player who almost hit lvl10 froze instantly, as soon as I arrived, and unlike the first party this freeze froze my whole iPad, I had to shut down the whole thing (power button + ok button) to kick sims mobile off my home screen.

I’m only sharing this because there is speculation flying around that it’s lvl10 lvl40 parties that freeze the game the most.

Message 27 of 98 (1,183 Views)

Hero

Player ID 1003403535473

Game freezes at studio party especially when trying actions that involve several Sims. I have to force close the app every time.

I have already tried every trouble shooting suggested by EA help. Nothing helps.

My devices are:

Samsung galaxy note tab S3 with Android 8

Samsung galaxy S7 Edge with Android 8

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 28 of 98 (1,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hey all, we've just released a new update for the game (Patch notes are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/The-Sims-Mobile-June-20th-2018-Patch-Notes/td-p/6875137).

As you can see it involves a fix for a party crash, can you let us know how this freezing issue is now in your game? 

Message 29 of 98 (1,130 Views)

Game Freezes At party when doing action

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 6s
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003407902483
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? At party, clicking ok after selecting people for action
What do you expect to see? No freeze
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Singapore
Additional feedback Seem to be at certain sim party that freeze. When it freeze, even after restarting the apps and it will still freeze.

Seem to be at certain sim party that freeze. When it freeze, even after restarting the apps and it will still freeze. 

Message 30 of 98 (1,141 Views)