Re: [Open] Family Elder Event isn't showing up

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

[Closed] Family Elder Event isn't showing up

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 Plus
OS Version 11.4
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003163021299
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I retired a Sim two days ago. Yesterday and today the family event bob has popped up, but it won’t show a mentoring event.
What do you expect to see? Family Mentoring Event
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

This is my second day where the Elder event won’t pop up. The Family Event bob pops up over his head, but when I click on him with all three of my playable Sims (he is related to all of them) it only shows friend/relationship event options for the two sims he has relationship stories with, and “Begin a Friendship” event for the third sim. I’ve tried closing my game and reopening it, and restarting my phone. I’ve also tried going to the “Rival” section to see if it’s there for whatever reason. All my playable Sims have hobbies and careers. 

I want to do that event with him before he disappears! Please help! I’ve attached two photos of what happens with two of the Sims. One in a relationship story, and one not 

Message 1 of 10 (2,273 Views)

Re: Family Elder Event won’t come up!

★ Expert

I have the same problem. I have two retired Sims. One of them will not give me hobby or career mentoring. It was working fine until the latest update. With the one elder that is working, at the end of the mentoring session, I got a notification to watch a video. It stated I would get extra heirloom tickets but I did not get those. I am also having problems with teaching chilren for heirloom tickets. Those are also not popping up. 

Message 2 of 10 (2,181 Views)

Re: Family Elder Event won’t come up!

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi,

@RedheadDva, thanks for the detailed report!

@Fuzzernutter, you mention in another thread:

'My retired sim that lost mentoring interactions left the game and took his place on the family tree. When that happened, I was able to do teaching interactions with the children. Hopefully only one sim was glitched and he release the bug for the rest of my Sims. / player ID?: 1003689975655 '

The played Sim you were using to talk to the retired Sim had a career and a hobby?

Thanks,
-Mai

Message 3 of 10 (2,151 Views)

@RedheadDva have you seen any improvements with this issue since the last update?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 10 (2,068 Views)

Never mind, I'm also having this issue now. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 5 of 10 (2,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve never gotten a retiree elder event either. No longer retiring anyone, cause I don’t want to start at ground zero with a new player.

Message 6 of 10 (1,965 Views)

@RedheadDva@liafall & @Fuzzernutter have you guys seen this again? I haven't. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 10 (1,845 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Phantomlover1717 I don’t think we’ve seen @Fuzzernutter in game much since the hurricane - hopefully they’re all right. But I’ve been getting elder events - though occasionally not all my sims can do them, which doesn’t strike me as a bug - just did one today. When I was newer I had trouble getting them, but I haven’t had issues on mine for a while. 

Message 8 of 10 (1,828 Views)

It has been a month since they last logged in. Does that fit the timeline?
I hope they're all right as well.......

Thank you for letting me know you've had a difference, I hope to hear back from the others as well. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 10 (1,820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have this issue too. My ‘parents’ had completed every hobby and standard careers before I retired them (first one was retired 2 months ago, then I retired a child, then another child, then the mom. I have never seen the family event bubble at all. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips, nothing works. I am at level 50 (w/out purchasing coins/cash), so I know how to play the game - it’s not a user error. Also, someone mentioned a retirement birthday? What’s that? 

[CM Edit: I removed the spoiler tags so that everyone can see the reply. Thanks for sharing what you're experiencing with it. Standard smile ]

Message 10 of 10 (1,569 Views)