[Closed] Crash after trying to chat in party chat

by Fuzzernutter

Original Post

[Closed] Crash after trying to chat in party chat

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Zte max blue
OS Version 7
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003689975655
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See info below and pictures
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

I was attending @themummyof4 party. I went into chat. I could see the chat @VintageStarlette was in the chat. When I tried to respond the whole chat went blank and the party froze. I could not complete my party bar. I shut down my phone and tried to go back in and the party froze again and locked up my phone. I finally got the phone to shut down and start back up but my game would not start. I shut down my phone, pulled my SD card, restarted my phone and now my game is fine. See picture of chat freeze when I tried to reply and a pic of my sim confirming my sim attended the party

Message 1 of 12 (731 Views)

Re: Another players party and chat crash

★ Expert

@SimGuruMaaike Just thought of this and maybe chat issue causes problems at level 10 of the party?

Yesterday only @PaQuilter1 had issues with my party chat but she entered my party at level 10. I had no chat issues at my party the whole way through. I chatted with about 5 people. 

I just noticed that @themummyof4 party was at level 10 when I entered her party and crashed when I tried to use chat. 

Message 2 of 12 (719 Views)

★ Expert

More update, Mummyof4 posted in another thread her party crashed on her end too 

Message 3 of 12 (698 Views)

Hero

This happened today 6 p.m. UTC +1. Attending a busy party. Actions with other sims went well but chat was not available. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 12 (692 Views)

★ Expert
Another update. Somehow I got rewards from this party.
Message 5 of 12 (673 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Fuzzernutter wrote:
Another update. Somehow I got rewards from this party.

I didn't get any of the rewards.  This has happened twice in 2 days.  Level 10 parties crashing, then no rewards.  

Chatting & rewards are why we attend parties.  This needs to be fixed!!!

Message 6 of 12 (663 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I attended a party today that @Simfanatic08 is having and the chat kept going in and out. Most of the time it just showed "loading..." This has been happening a lot lately. I don't even want to go back into my game. I left one of my Sims at her party and don't want to go back in my game because we are trying to keep it from crashing after it reached level 10. The last time I checked the chat before I left, the entire chat from the party had disappeared and the only thing that was showing is what's on the attached picture. 👇👇  I wish we could help you figure out what is going on with the parties because the parties and the chats are the highlights of SM. 

Message 7 of 12 (654 Views)

★ Expert

@PaQuilter1 both @BlueWizardRob and myself went to @Simfanatic08 party after it reached level 10. Neither one of us touched chat to avoid any possible crashing. We were both able to complete our party bar and leave the party without issues. 

Message 8 of 12 (642 Views)

★ Expert

@rmw8855 some of us got rewards from @themummyof4 party and some did not. When EA staff reads this bug report they will have to figure out why. It's actually a good thing that we are all in here attending each others parties so EA can look at all our accounts 

Message 9 of 12 (641 Views)

★★★★ Expert
I got the rewards from my party...!
I hardly ever have a party that doesn't crash...very frustrating! I don't dare to leave the house, as often when I come back in I get the error warning...as long as I stay on the house screen it is ok...
Message 10 of 12 (635 Views)