Re: [Open] Can't move objects

by shaifah

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
VintageStarlette: Player ID 1003561971484

I'm experiencing another instance in being unable to place items in their previous location. Only one of my Sims is in the home (she appears in the background of photos #2 & #3). She has no activity.

You can see the conflict between the furniture piece inside the house and the plants outdoors. I'm unable to place furniture of any kind in that corner. Now my "grande entrance" is bare. 😢
Message 51 of 71 (1,344 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There are two things that might be affecting you that changed in recent updates.  You might need to move your plant.  They increased the spacing needed with many of the plants.

The second is to make sure that any windows, doors, pictures or other wall hangings are moved.  They sometimes interfere with placing items in front of them.

Message 52 of 71 (1,329 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Thank you, @BlueWizardRob. I removed the window on the left wall but forgot I had one on the face of the house. I'll try that. In any case, I don't think I'll get the hydrangea flush in the corner again. 😕
Message 53 of 71 (1,324 Views)

Re: Can't move stuff - red glitch

★ Guide
I’m having the same problem. I’m trying to redo my kitchen for a party and now I can’t set anything down! If I put it in storage it will not set down anywhere. 😢😢
Message 54 of 71 (1,276 Views)

Re: Can't move stuff - red glitch

★★★★★ Expert
@renbar152 I know! For me, I'm able to set some things down in a logical place but then can't set it down in the adjacent logical place. The glitch seems to affect random plots in the grid, ya know?
Message 55 of 71 (1,274 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
i cant move that specific room, it was there when i first play, and there is fake wall i cant remove, i dont know what else to do
Message 56 of 71 (1,208 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
i vant move the room and a wall thats left behind, that room was there from the start of the game, i cant remove them, plss i need help
Message 57 of 71 (1,198 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Whoa! How is a car there???

@shaifah, have you contacted EA yet? I think if you go into your game, tap the arrow on the right, go down to the gear for settings, then choose "Help and About," you'll find the info to contact them and create a case!
Message 58 of 71 (1,187 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have had a similar problem for the past week!! I have a dance floor in my back yard and suddenly it broke. I tapped on it to pay Simoleons to repair it and I can't tap onto it. I can't move it either. So it's been sitting in my back yard broken, with bugs flying on it for a week😖!! I have contacted tech support, and they keep sending me these generalized instructions that has not worked. I am at a loss at this point because I am afraid to delete and reinstall my app. Yes, I am connected to EA Games and Google Play, but I'm still afraid that I may lose progress to an extent😩😢

Message 59 of 71 (1,123 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@MommyRad can you tell me what your Player ID is? You can find this in settings > help & about > about. We need this for our investigation Standard smile And it would also help if you can share a screenshot of your game!

Message 60 of 71 (1,058 Views)