by JonaO703

Original Post

Clock ticks on while waiting for travel screen to load

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island, Famous, Seasons, City, Parenthood, Spa, Tiny, Laundry, Patio, Backyard, Movie, Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try traveling anywhere
What happens when the bug occurs? A Sim decides to travel at let's say 5:20 pm to go somewhere (in this case the Starlight Accolades). After selecting travel, but before the travel map pops up, the screen "grays out ." so | can still see Sims moving in the background while the music plays and the clock ticks on. Sometimes they even change clothes, exercise, do dishes, all while I'm waiting for the map to load so I can even begin to choose where the Sim is traveling. In this latest maddening instance, after choosing "travel" the clock ticked on for over two Sim hours before finally pulling up the map so I could select my destination. After selecting travel at 5:20 I ultimately arrived at the Star Accolades at 7:55.
What do you expect to see? Since long loading screens seem to be unavoidable, at least the internal Sim clock should stop ticking while this is happening. Adjusting the clock for length of travel (say from Newcrest to Sulani, as opposed to just another house down the street) would make sense, but losing over two hours while simply waiting to select a destination makes it impossible to gauge what time to leave anywhere to go anywhere. Especially if departing for a an event with specific beginning and end times.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template and formatting

Message 1 of 5 (1,263 Views)

Re: Clock ticks on while waiting for travel screen to load

Champion

@nickinbigd Hello!  I added a "me too" although I haven't seen it happen for more than maybe 10 sim minutes.  I'm really not sure about that but definitely not for two sim hours.  I also haven't noticed sims continue doing things.  Everything just grays out and the clock keeps ticking.  It doesn't happen every time, just occasionally.  By the way, I play on PC, in case that matters to anyone.  Anyway, I've just got in the habit of pausing the game before having my sims travel.  It's not a fix for the bug but maybe it will help you in the meantime.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 5 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too, im on Mac and I can lose 4-5 hours, happens even after restarting game

Message 3 of 5 (919 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have had this happen for up to 20-30 in-game minutes off and on for years. Normally I have small amounts of lag in live and buy mode and brief periods of this problem, which feels like a lag in activating the pause button and the loading screen. I tend to have lag in the game's response time to me pressing the pause button on the screen in the same sessions where this loading screen effect occurs. 

A few weeks ago when I was having an extreme amount of lag in general, which turned out to be because I needed to update my graphics card drivers, this loading screen delay happened for multiple sim hours. 

Message 4 of 5 (836 Views)

Champion

This is a particularly annoying bit of lag. I usually only lose 30-40 minutes on my Mac. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 5 of 5 (817 Views)