Clicking on Pop-Up on main screen freezes game

by zeraphic

Original Post

Clicking on Pop-Up on main screen freezes game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English.
How often does the bug occur? Every time I open the game. (With the mods folder in the game)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213.1030 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions packs: All but Eco Lifestyle and Cottage Living. Game Packs: Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, My Wedding Stories, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, and Spa Day. Stuff Packs: Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening the game and waiting for the customizable pop up announcement.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click the x button and the game freezes. 
What do you expect to see? The pop-up disappears, so my welcome screen is functional. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. After the latest patch.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded the customizable pronoun patch. 

I got the new update today for the addition of pronouns but I am having some trouble exiting out of the pop-up announcement message. I experimented and figured out that I can bypass it without mods in my game. Once I could load my game, I saved it, closed my game, added my mods back in, then started my game back up. Unfortunately, the pop-up announcement showed up again and every time I clicked the "x" to close it, my game froze Frown I can't play my game without my mods. In addition, I also downloaded the Wedding Stories game pack in sync with the new update. I don;t know what's going on but can someone help?!! <33

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue, copied form into first post from answers given later on.

Message 1 of 11 (3,368 Views)

Re: Game freezes trying to exit out pop up annoucement May 2022

★★★★★ Guide

its spamming me. evetime i start the game. that pops up about 2/5 times

Message 2 of 11 (3,335 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @zeraphic 

Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

If you still aren't prompted, please include this form + answers in your post

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in?
How often does the bug occur?
What is your current game version number?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
What happens when the bug occurs?
What do you expect to see?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
Please describe the patch or change you made.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 11 (3,261 Views)

EA Staff

Hello Everyone!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Whoever else is seeing this issue thanks for reaching out and please don't forget to hit the me too! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 11 (3,259 Views)

EA Staff
@zeraphic Also could you please confirm if this issue is happening without mods too?
Don't forget to delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods

Message 5 of 11 (3,246 Views)

★ Novice

Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English.
How often does the bug occur? Every time I open the game. (With the mods folder in the game)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213.1030 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions packs: All but Eco Lifestyle and Cottage Living. Game Packs: Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, My Wedding Stories, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, and Spa Day. Stuff Packs: Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, and Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening the game and waiting for the customizable pop up announcement.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click the x button and the game freezes. 
What do you expect to see? The pop-up disappears, so my welcome screen is functional. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes. After the latest patch.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloaded the customizable pronoun patch. 

Thank you for replying!

Message 6 of 11 (3,075 Views)

Hero
@zeraphic Have you removed your mods and tried without ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (3,073 Views)

Re: Clicking on Pop-Up on main screen freezes game

★★★ Novice

Got it sorted for me. I got this problem today. I moved my mods folder somewhere else and that allows you to immediately close the popup this time. I realized the game tries to load your mods only after you close that pop-up, so you just gotta be patient. 

Message 8 of 11 (2,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I am also having this problem. Usually, it would stop after I restart my computer and try to reopen the game, but this has not been my experience this time. I cannot get into the game because it is frozen. I have now tried multiple times today. This also happened after an update when the game turned the mods off. 

Message 9 of 11 (2,604 Views)

★★★ Novice

Has anyone solved this issue yet? 

Message 10 of 11 (2,001 Views)