by Slothnado19

Original Post

Clarity on Greedo's Double-Tap

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? 6
OS Version 11.3.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Greedo does not shoot more than twice even if he crits again. Is this WAI or not?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

When Greedo attacks, his unique ability grants him a 50% chance to attack again whenever he scores a critical hit. After extensive gameplay, there is clearly a cap to this and he can only take 1 bonus attack. However, when the BH reworks were revealed in a podcast with TopHat and Capitalmethod, they specifically stated that Greedo is the only character in the game with no limit to how many times he can fire. This prompted myself, and I'm sure many others, to pump resources into him. https://radiofreetatooine.com/galactic-war-report-episode-104-exclusive-bounty-hunter-reworks-bossk-... Track to around 36:50 What is the official statement on this? Greedo does not currently shoot more than twice, but according to his ability description and dev comments, this should not be the case.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Score crit hits with Greedo and see if he ever attacks a third time.

Message 1 of 14 (861 Views)

Re: Clarity on Greedo's Double-Tap

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @Slothnado19 and thank you for the report.

EDIT: As already said, you guys are on spot and we need to do more testing. We'll keep you posted!

Message 2 of 14 (835 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for looking into this, however that answer is inconsistent with the reports of the entire Bounty Hunter discord channel.  While it is anecdotal, not one player has observed Greedo shoot more than twice when attacking, and these are players that use him more frequently than most.  Are you positive that you tested this while Greedo is attacking? It has been observed that he can hit 3 times when countering.  

Message 3 of 14 (827 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Slothnado19 and thank you for the reply.

I can confirm that Greedo is attacking more than twice when attacking (not counter-attacking). I hope this clarifies.

Message 4 of 14 (983 Views)

★★★ Novice
Can you give evidence or advice on how we can replicate this? I use greedo everyday in arena, raids etc and have never seen him attack more than twice from a regular basic, the only time he gains extra attacks if he calls dengar to assist (via dengars payout) and dengar call him to assist in turn via his basic
Message 5 of 14 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

HI @spacecow-moo-moo,

Edit: You are right, upon closer inspection, these were two different turns. I do some more testing today.

Message 6 of 14 (752 Views)

★★★ Novice
I’m sorry but In that video greedo does not attack 4 times in a row, he takes 2 turns with a bonus on each, you can tell because in between he takes damage from the dot then looses it
Message 7 of 14 (734 Views)

spacecow is right on this video, @EA_HighCommand . All the opponents also gain a lot of turn meter between the 2nd and 3rd attacks - because those are two separate turns for Greedo, not a 4x attack.

★ Apprentice

Thank you for posting this, I appreciate that you're giving this issue the proper attention.  However I have to agree with @spacecow-moo-moo, the animation of Greedo hitting 4 times is actually two separate instances of Greedo hitting twice.  After the second hit, you see Greedo take damage from his DOT and all enemies gain TM, Greedo was just faster and went again immediately.

Message 9 of 14 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
As pointed out by many others thats not 4 consecutive attacks, since the BH rework ive been doing my full GWs manually just to play the team, and since titles have launched ive now used it 297 times and can say with absolute certanity that greedo has never once attacked more than twice from a single basic chain non counter attacking. Thats not just a statistical anomaly its an impossibility except that its bugged and he can not do more than a double tap. In real arena matches it can cost you games and deal less damage in raids. Perhaps it even works outside of that video on a closed test server but it does not work in the live game as it stands. I really hope we can either get the bug fixed or atleast change the in game text to reflect its in game function with compensation for those of us that geared and zeta'd a toon that doesnt work as intended.
IMG_3525.PNG
Message 10 of 14 (698 Views)