by magneticsouthAU

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] [DHD] [GF] NPC Sims with Key show up at Interior Decorator gigs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give an NPC Sim your Apartment Key. Go to an Interior Decorator gig. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The NPC Sim will arrive and enter the house as if it was your apartment.
What do you expect to see? The NPC Sim should not enter the clients' lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Dream Home Decorator.

This can be seen in James Turner's Let's Play here - Lord Bigwallet was given an Apartment Key and then shows up at a gig https://youtu.be/IbkCzAzkuX8?t=500

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 7 (1,043 Views)

Re: [CitL] [DHD] NPC Sims with Apartment Key show up at Interior Decorator gigs

Hero
@magneticsouthAU Is it only happening for apartments key or also GF housekeys ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (981 Views)

Re: [CL] [DHD] NPC Sims with Apartment Key show up at Interior Decorator gigs

★★★ Guide

This happened for me with a house key

Message 3 of 7 (956 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My decorator sim lives in an Evergreen Harbor apartment. Her BFF who has a key showed up to her gig at the Caliente house. I revoked key privileges to stop this happening.

Separately, she's been having a romance with a sim who got jealous of her flirting with a celeb one night at a bar. The next morning he showed up at her decorator gig. They had an argument, and she got fired from the gig. He did not have an apartment key.

I suspect the first case involving a keyholder might be a bug, but the second case with the jealous sim (he wasn't even her boyfriend) is by design?

Incidentally, I have been having an issue for some time now with keyholders of both houses and apartments showing up when my sims are on vacation.

Message 4 of 7 (933 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm also having this occur in two saves with a Willow Creek residence key, Brindleton Bay key, and an Eco Apartment key. Keys were given to friends, and the friends will show up at the gigs. It's not every time, though it is often. I'm using no mods currently.

Message 5 of 7 (901 Views)

Re: [CL] [DHD] [GF] NPC Sims with Key show up at Interior Decorator gigs

★★★ Apprentice

I am also seeing this issue, with all of the packs installed. My decorator sim gave an apartment key (City Living) to Akira Kibo (jealous sim/boyfriend), who turned up at the commercial renovation lot, and did not have the Send Home option or other ability to remove.  In this gig I was also unable to reveal the renovations to client, as they disappeared promptly after loading onto the lot after being called to return. This may not be related to the presence of Akira, but I thought I would mention it just in case. 

Message 6 of 7 (873 Views)

Re: [CL] [DHD] [GF] NPC Sims with Key show up at Interior Decorator gigs

★★★★★ Apprentice

My decorator Sim lives in an apartment and has given a few keys out. But sometimes when I do a gig, one of the sims I gave a key to will turn up at the lot I'm renovating. It's always the same Sim as well.

Message 7 of 7 (842 Views)