Chomper rapid attack bug [Facebite upgrade disabled]

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Please provide your Xbox gamertag or PSN ID. (Optional) Rafciel06
In what game mode did the bug occur? Everywhere
Summarize your bug Then rapidly clicking X button and attack button, chomper attacks really fast
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Spam X button and attack button at the same time.
Which character were you playing when the bug occurred? Chomper
What upgrades had you equipped with this character? -burrow lasts longer when you move slowly -your secondary attacks now has splash
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

https://youtu.be/FEWe4TOwMTU

Message 1 of 15 (1,605 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chomper attack bug

Community Manager (retired)

The team has temporarily disabled chomper due to this exploit.  Description has been re-instated for those curious on what it was.

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (1,365 Views)

All Replies

Re: Chomper rapid attack bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@wp9isilpq8r Thank you for reporting this. I have never seen this before. [Relevant info removed]

Message 2 of 15 (1,589 Views)

[ Edited ]

@wp9isilpq8r Thanks for the report.  I've removed the relevant information as it looks like a potential exploit and have kept a link to the posted video.

[Previously commented on not being able to reproduce this.  Edited as it had relevant information]

Message 3 of 15 (1,581 Views)

Nevermind, I misunderstood the controller button and confused it with the ps4 version.  Information has been sent to the team.

Message 4 of 15 (1,573 Views)

★ Guide
@anpangcontractor The video link still exists in the "["
Message 5 of 15 (1,547 Views)

@Pvz300085 Thanks for the heads up.

Message 6 of 15 (1,544 Views)

The team has temporarily disabled chomper due to this exploit.  Description has been re-instated for those curious on what it was.

Message 7 of 15 (1,366 Views)

★★ Guide

Shouldn’t really need to remove the character temporarily. Just disable the zoom button and have that attack disabled.. Also when you remove a character you should have something in game that states temporarily disabled. Not just missing.... We know how awful this team is at correcting character issues.

Message 8 of 15 (1,350 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@anpangcontractor Thank you for informing us about this. As @OB1-The-Only-One said, I think there should be a replacement character for the plants, because the zombies now have 2 characters more and we don't now how long it will take the team to fix it. Could you please recommend this to the team Angel?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Also-remove-Super-Brainz-or-add-Wildflower-early/m-p/94...

I made a thread on this topic. I suggested either removing Super Brainz as well, or adding Wildflower to the plant character selection until Chomper returns.

Most people want Wildflower to be temporarily added.

Thank you for reading this.

@OB1-The-Only-One: The issue wasn't / isn't just affecting slobber shot. The normal chomp primary weapon fires extremely quickly, dealing huge amounts of damage. You can still try this in private play (he isn't removed from the selection there). This is game breaking. If few people knew about it, they wouldn't have removed him. There were also rapid fire bugs for imp and steam blaster at one point, but they weren't commonly known. Since the "lovely" reddit community of the game decided to bully other players in teams of 12 with this in Turf Takeover, measures had to be taken.

Message 9 of 15 (1,301 Views)

@anpangcontractor Hey, just so you know, its caused by the controllers, not the game version. i tested it on PC by plugging my xbox one controller into it and i was able to reproduce it.
Message 10 of 15 (1,214 Views)