Chinese Translation Suggestions

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone12
OS Version current ver
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 834-956-586
What type of issue do you have? Translation Errors
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Actually I found a large amount of translation errors in the game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? switch into Chinese ver.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country

Hello there!

I am a SW fan and SWGOH player, more I'm also a videomaker in China and try to introduce this game to more SW fans in China. I have made more than 300 game videoes since the summer 2019. But I found the game does have some errors on Chinese translation, which would make players misunderstand the true meaning of the description. Some are about correctness, some are about the feeling.

For some examples here:

1. About correctness

Soccer ball General Skywalker's unique says all allies including himself can not be hit critically by out turn attack, but Chinese translation is "他无法被回合外的攻击暴击", which means ONLY HE can not be hit critically by out turn damage. It should be corrected by "我方友军不会被回合外的攻击暴击“, that directly says OUR TEAM can not be hit critically by out turn damage.

Football Darth Revan's unique says when his health% drops below 50%, he would split the health% with the ally who has the highest health%. While Chinese translation says "他的生命值会被调整为生命值最高的友军的生命值”, meaning Darth Revan's HIT POINT will be set into the ally's HIT POINT whose is the highest. It should be "他会与生命值百分比最高的友军平分当前生命值比例“, then the translation now is accurate.

2. About the feeling

Soccer ball In previous version, The Rebel Fighter was called "义军战机", which meaned The Rebel Attack Airplane. I found this and reported then the error was fixed. The Rebel Fighter should be called as "义军战士" or "义军斗士", like Warrior or Fighter it should have been. Now in game they are called "义军战士", wonderful.

Football Moff Gideon's Subversive Volley now is translated as "震天齐射", a very heroic name. I guess the word Subversive shows his attack is destructive. While "震天" means the voice is extremely loud, making the sky shake, in most occasions we use this to describe the sound of rockets or cannons, not pistols. And "齐射" means a number of guns fire together, it should be "连射" that bullets comes from one gun rapidly. In my point of view, the Jedi are evil...no, I mean the best Chinese name for this ability should be "毁灭连射", that "毁灭" for Subversive and "连射" for Volley. More, for what the Moff did in The Mandalorian, he played a role like a military counsellor behind the curtain at most time, if we use "暗度陈仓" his ability becomes insidious means, and this word comes from an old military story which is quite famous in our culture.

I really love SW and SWGOH, and I wanna do something for the game and SW publicity in China.

Message 1 of 5 (386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chinese Translation Suggestions

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MillaboreusF and thanks for reporting this.

We have let the team know about your suggested changes to the abilities of General Skywalker, Darth Revan and Moff Gideon. Thanks for your detailed reasoning and translations.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (363 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MillaboreusF and thanks for reporting this.

We have let the team know about your suggested changes to the abilities of General Skywalker, Darth Revan and Moff Gideon. Thanks for your detailed reasoning and translations.

Message 2 of 5 (364 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So glad to see you reply my message. Actually there are more translation errors. Like T3-M4's special, translation says it will dispel enemies' debuffs. And Phoenix should be 凤凰中队,but not 凤凰鸟中队. 鸟 means bird, but phoenix is a kind of mythic creature, more than a little bird, just like we call some big birds The Falcon, not really The Bird.

Message 3 of 5 (346 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MillaboreusF 

If you can provide the current translation (with the reasoning on why you think it should be changed) the prospective new translation (with the reasoning on why you think it it is more appropriate) I can bring these to the team.

Like what you did for the above examples.

Message 4 of 5 (337 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I will summarize some problems and message u, ty

Message 5 of 5 (321 Views)