Re: Chinese Translation Suggestions for Bad Batch

by EA_UltraSlide

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chinese Translation Suggestions for Bad Batch

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Translation Suggestions
OS Version the latest
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Translation Errors
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I have some new suggestions on the Chinese translation for Bad Batch.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type
Please select your region Asia
Country

1. Disney China has confirmed the official Chinese name for Bad Batch, called 异等小队, but not 残次品. My suggestion is that we could wait for a while then use the new Tag if Disney China no longer change it.

2. Hunter: Combat Prowess

Origin: 作战技巧

Suggestion: 超凡斗技

Reason: 作战技巧 means Combat Skill withno Outstanding. 超凡 means amazing or outstanding, 斗 means combat, 技 means skill, still four words but exactly make the translation for Combat Prowess.

3. Hunter: Shrounded Approach

Origin: 隐蔽抵近

Suggestion: 秘密潜入

Reason: Well this one is not wrong but 隐蔽抵近 this four words is too hard to read, for Chinese pronunciation has 4 tones and this 4 words unluckily make it uncomfortable to say. I'd like use 秘密潜入 to replace, which means Secretly Sneak In, similar to Shrounded Approach.

4. Hunter: A Different Path

Origin: 不同路线

Suggestion: 投身异途

Reason: 不同路线 is directly translated from A Different Path. While the Aftermath told us Hunter and his mates made a hard choice to fight against the Empire and Crosshair, so it was that they thrown themslves into a road that they had never think about, like joining the Rebel. So I use 投身 which means they throw themselves into, 异 means Differnet and 途 means Path.

5. Wrecker: The Cavalry

Origin: 骑兵

Suggestion: 骑兵突击

Reason: 骑兵, horseman, certainly correct straight translation. If we add 突击, Assualt on the behind is better.

6. Wrecker: Wrecking Ball

Origin: 破坏球

Suggestion: 重锤清障

Reason: I wonder if this Wrecking Ball refers to the machine which has the heavy steel ball for building demolition. If so, 重锤清障 will describ that a Heavy Hammer is Wrecking the Barrier.

7. Tech: Call The Shot

Origin: 呼叫打击

Suggestion: 尽在掌控

Reason: Well again, 呼叫 is Call, 打击 is The Shot. But I know that if we say someone calls the shot, that means he can handle the situation. So 尽在掌控, All In The Controll would be better.

Considering these things very carefully, I hope my efforts could bring more China players into SWGOH. 

Best Wishes!

Message 1 of 2 (515 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MillaboreusF and thanks for the report.

We have now brought these suggested changes to the team.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (487 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MillaboreusF and thanks for the report.

We have now brought these suggested changes to the team.

Message 2 of 2 (488 Views)