Chinese Translation Suggestions 20210812

by MillaboreusF

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Chinese Translation Suggestions 20210812

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Translation Suggestions
OS Version the latest
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Translation Errors
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Look at bottom
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type
Please select your region Asia
Country China

Again thanks to taking my advices to make China players have better experience. The newest update brings Executor and new Slave 1, here I also have some suggestions for their names and abilities.

1. Executor and Executrix

In the latest game, both Executor and Excutirx are called 执行者号 in Simplified Chinese version, which makes some new players very confused.

According to the information given by Disney China, Tarkin's Excutirx should be called 女执行者号. Though it is not a Chinese way to name a 女(female) before a officer title, but we need respect Disney China's opinions. Then we can give the name 执行者 to the Executor reasonablly. And also, I find that Executrix is the name of Tarkin's ship withno problem, while Excutor is how we call the Class of the first Super Flagship of the Empire. So:

Suggestion 1: 女执行者号 for Executrix and 执行者号 for Executor

Suggestion 2: 执行者号 for Executrix and 执行者级 for Executor. For Executor's full name is Executor-Class Star Dreadnought, actually Executor is its class name but not the ship name. I prefer this way to give them new names.

2. Slave 1 new unique: NO GOOD TO ME DEAD

Now it's called 死了对我没好处, quite correct but not beautiful. I notice this sentence is from EP5, when Boba mentioned about Han. So I give my suggestion, 他死于我无益. 他死 means his death, 于我 means to me, 无益 means no good. These 6 words makes the mood more cruel, and simple but formal. So:

Suggestion: 他死于我无益

3. Executor Basic: UNORTHODOX METHODS

It surprises me that you use 旁门左道, a Chinese idiom. But this word is more used to describe some insidious ways. Though the Empire has no honor on ruling the galaxy, but I have a beeter word for it to show the might of the Empire. So:

Suggestion: 剑走偏锋

This word says you use a sword to fight but not using its edge, while giving foes surprise and succeeding.

4. Executor Special: WE ONLY NEED TO KEEP THEM FORM ESCAPING

It's called 我们只要防止他们逃脱, right but too long. I may call this 只需截住他们. This way is more like an imperative sentence, making it like an order given by Vader. 只 means only, 需 means need to, 截住 means intercept, that has the same meaning of keep them from escaping. So:

Suggestion: 只需截住他们

5. Executor Ult: SOMTHING SPECIAL PLANNED

It's called 任务特殊, I think 一点特殊计划 is better. 一点 means a little, showing that the DS beam is not that surprising for the Empire, and with this little help we can destroy them easily, similar to the atmospherer that something special shows. So:

Suggestion: 一点特殊计划

6. Executor Crew: VADER'S BOUNTY

If we just call this 维达的赏金 in game, it makes us feel this bounty is for hunting Vader, an ambiguity. For solving this I may use 维达的悬赏 to replace it. 悬赏 means bounty and wanted, this word is usually from the one who gives the task and bounty. So:

Suggestion: 维达的悬赏

Message 1 of 2 (318 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chinese Translation Suggestions 20210812

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MillaboreusF 

Thanks again for the suggested translations. We have now brought them to the team for further review.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (298 Views)

All Replies

Re: Chinese Translation Suggestions 20210812

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MillaboreusF 

Thanks again for the suggested translations. We have now brought them to the team for further review.

Message 2 of 2 (299 Views)