Re: Chimera Bug -- Not Requiring 5 Rebel Ships

by BeijiraReykvana

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
@CG_Kozispoon Comment? This is certainly not solved, at least not in any manner other than “We’re just gonna leave it be.”
Message 41 of 79 (1,309 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
So the bug exploit in the first dark Territory Battles have been punished but this one won't? It's a little bit different right, but the people who got the Chimaera without reaching the minimum required should get rid of it. Period! I call it being fair.
Message 42 of 79 (1,257 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The issue is that now fleet shards are filled with Chimaera that otherwise would not have been present. Considering it is the BEST capital ship in the game undisputedly, this has caused an imbalance in the game. I don't know where most players had Bistan and Cassian's ships before farming, but I'm approximating that players who did spend the fleet currency (~250 shards total, 4 per purchase which  = 62.5 purchases and thus 25000 fleet currency total) or Cantina currency (~20000) have been able to spend that elsewhere. The opportunity cost here was huge. Not to mention players who bought packs to get ship shards they didn't actually need... 

CG absolutely should send all players who honestly earned the Chimaera the currency in cantina and fleet to rebalance. Additionally, a bounty of crystals to offset the current and future losses experienced from unearned Chimaeras causing balance issues in fleet shards (2000?). I think that's as close to fair as we'll get. 

Message 43 of 79 (1,189 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It doesn't seem too difficult to me to write a script running in the end of the event resetting all stages of the event for which the requirements are still not being fulfilled.

If anyone manages to get the ships communicated as REQUIRED until the end of the event, fine, let them keep their Chimaera. I don't really care if some people could do it a few days earlier than they should have. But giving them several months of advantage before the next event (or even allowing them to not farm those rebel ships at all) would be very unfair.

This situation NEEDS a fix!!

And I think reimbursing those who actually acquired their Chimaera correctly is the wrong way. Who really wanted her did farm for it, and everyone else should not get her.

P.S. For the credits and skill materials included in the event rewards (that are rather likely to have been spent already) there also is a solution: if you cannot remove them any more, you could bill them as a debt that has to be "paid back" before being able to use any newly earned ones.

I have seen a similar fix in another game where people earned ingame currency due to a bug exploit.

Message 44 of 79 (1,071 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just reset this issue to unsolved and give us heads-up what you guys are planning to correct all messed up fleetshards.

Message 45 of 79 (927 Views)

★ Apprentice
This is definitely solved! For a company who earns from the game, this is total laziness and lack of responsibility!!!
Message 46 of 79 (906 Views)

★ Apprentice
NOT SOLVED I meant. Sorry
Message 47 of 79 (905 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Same
Message 48 of 79 (862 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yup, I agree with most of this

I worked really hard to farm for the ships for this, I had 5 so was satisfied to get chimera. But this is not acceptable

Message 49 of 79 (849 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is mind-boggling to me that a bug with such massive implications for its player base is just left to go on for over week.  How difficult is a hot fix for this?  Its a stat check!!!!  The general disregard in attitude for this bug (in a game where people spend heavily to get ahead) ....I literally have no words.

Message 50 of 79 (829 Views)