Re: Child’s friend that comes home from school keeps getting taken away for negl

by crinrict

Original Post

Child’s friend that comes home from school keeps getting taken away for neglect

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? SP11.220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having this child coming to visit via after school or club.
What happens when the bug occurs? All Sims in the household I am playing gets sad from a child being taken by Child Protection Services for neglect.
What do you expect to see? Kids coming to visit not being taken away
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a BitLife To Sims Save File, so therefore I only have one active household. I have added other families (for those who are either friends or future romantic relationships) but I have them all set as “Unplayed” and in the “Other Housholds”.

From time to time I will go into CAS and change their appearances when they age up.

One particular child has been taken away when visiting either because he’s in a group and then again when he was “invited to come over” after school.

I see him wandering about the house, happy/playing/socializing, not seeming like he’s in a particular mood or needing anything.

Then the notification comes that a child has been taken for neglect. I managed to catch the sparkles around him (while he’s standing there smiling) and then disappeared.

I’ve never had this happen before to a non-played household. And it has only occurred after the last patch.

I then lose progress on my save because I can’t lose this child!

Message 1 of 10 (692 Views)

Re: Child’s friend that comes home from school keeps getting taken away for negl

Hero
@midtwilightblue While the child def shouldn't be taken away while you aren't playing them, could you switch to the household and check on the grades of the child ?

Does this happen to any child you invite over or just that particular one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (660 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yes, only this one child. He is a sim that I used long ago but aged down to a toddler after creating his parents using genetics. He already has traits like steel bladder, hardly hungry, seldom sleepy and some of the ones not available for kids/teens.

I went to the household and saw that he was an “F” student, which of course I don’t know if that’s typical for all unplayed households in school since I’ve not really played this way before. Of course the little bit I was in the house he was taken away again. I have screen shots but I am a console player so difficult to share, especially that I am on my phone for this. Why would it take the child on an “average” F Lol
Message 3 of 10 (617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Unplayed kids are supposed to be C students (unless they're prebuilt Sims like Max Villareal, who's a D student).  You might want to either play him or cheat him better grades. 

There was another thread here about how some kids with "adult" reward traits seem to have low grades, IIRC. 

[Edited to add:  It's here:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Social-Services-takes-away-my-Child-no-warning-low-grades/m-p/... ]

Message 4 of 10 (614 Views)

Hero
@midtwilightblue I think the F has more to do with the aging down. Does he get taken away as well if you play the family ?

@xochiquetzl_xkvn As that other thread is for active Sims, it's different. It may be related but this thread is about an inactive SIm being taken away.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict Yes, I entered the home, had him do his homework. Then makeup work. Went into CAS because I noticed the father (I made with genetics from the child) wasn’t listed as his Father. Went out of CAS…he got up and then proceeded to be rescued.

@xochiquetzl_xkvn
Funny because the household I do play is Max’s son and his family!
This save also is for no cheats so I can’t cheat his grades. I’ll just have to wait to play the child’s household until I’m not waiting on Max’s son to die, again….I have several death flowers and not ready for him to go 😅

[CM - Edited to merge consecutive replies]

Message 6 of 10 (559 Views)

Hero
@midtwilightblue you mean taken away ? Guess that's cause he had still an F and no chance to to get better.

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (544 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It says “being rescued”
I’m a console player and I don’t have a computer to transfer it to in order to send
Message 8 of 10 (531 Views)

Hero
@midtwilightblue Ah sorry, Too many threads today :D

It wouldn't work anyways.

You could just age him up to teen again if your game play allows that or not touch him until he grows up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (521 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yeah, I’m going to avoid him at all costs for now. It is kinda ridiculous this is happening to unplayed Sims though…but that’s just The Sims - buggy
Message 10 of 10 (463 Views)