Child and Teen phases will not go away

by xpinksims

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Teens/Kids getting stuck in phases on rotational play

EA Sims Team

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing this issue (without mods), do you happen to have a save from before the child or teen gets the phase?  If so, would you be willing to share the save?

Instructions on how to send saves are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

You can send it to me via private message if you prefer.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 41 of 73 (439 Views)

Child and Teen phases will not go away

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, luxury party stuff, laundry day stuff, snow escape, vintage Glamour stuff, bowling night stuff, cats and dogs, my first pet stuff, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, dream home decorator, dine out, movie hang out stuff, gnome on the go, spa day, kids room stuff, parenthood, backyard stuff, Moschino stuff, city living, get famous, get to work, cottage living, get together, seasons, cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game. I have no idea how the glitch as started
What happens when the bug occurs? My child and Teen sim have been stuck in their phases for at least two weeks (game time)
What do you expect to see? Phases ending in a few days like they used to do
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Teenage sim and one of my child aged sims are stuck in the Distant and Picky Eater Phase. They used to just last a few days, but now they won’t go away. The game doesn’t acknowledge that they have a phase because the “ Ask about Phase” option is not there under the parenting section, but when you go to the Simology page, the phases are there as well as the moodlets that come with them.

Message 42 of 73 (542 Views)

Re: Child and Teen phases will not go away

★★★★ Pro

I can't test the console versions, but this doesn't happen on PC.

Message 43 of 73 (527 Views)

Hero
@xpinksims Do you play rotationally and switch while they were in a phase ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 73 (518 Views)

Teen and Child sim stuck in phase

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, luxury party stuff, laundry day stuff, snow escape, vintage Glamour stuff, bowling night stuff, cats and dogs, my first pet stuff, outdoor retreat, toddler stuff, dream home decorator, dine out, movie hang out stuff, gnome on the go, spa day, kids room stuff, parenthood, backyard stuff, Moschino stuff, city living, get famous, get to work, cottage living, get together, seasons, cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I really have no idea when it started or how. I just noticed it one day
What happens when the bug occurs? My teen sim and one of my child sims have been in the same phase for a very long time.
What do you expect to see? Normal rotation of phases i.e : only lasting a few days
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My teen and child sims have been stuck in the distant and picky eater Phase for a very long time. I contacted EA before and was instructed to Clear the MAC address, power cycle the console, go to Blu-ray in settings and clear the persistent storage three times. Nothing has changed. I don’t know if this is a bug or not

Message 45 of 73 (396 Views)

Re: Teen and Child sim stuck in phase

Hero
@xpinksims Are you playing rotationally and switched when teen/kid was in a phase ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 73 (367 Views)

Hero
@xpinksims Are you playing rotationally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 73 (486 Views)

Champion

@alanmichael1 wrote:

I can't test the console versions, but this doesn't happen on PC.

Actually it does.

Message 48 of 73 (482 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Very rarely do I rotate houses. I noticed it after I moved my sims into a new house.Ever since they’ve been there, they adopted the phases and now they won’t go away. That could have been the case, but I have no idea

Message 49 of 73 (472 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah one of my kids, has suffered terribly, the Bear Phase, you hover over the moodlet, and it doesn't even tell you how much time is left, i can't even get a parent to talk about the phrase because it's missing but I reported ths bug many years ago, and it's obviously ignored, so I just give up..

Message 50 of 73 (459 Views)