Child aged up to Teen, face texture is broken

by PartlyAnimated

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Child aged up to Teen, face texture is broken

★★ Novice

Hi there!

Here's some screenshots of the issue.

My child just had her birthday party (it was at a community lot) and aged up to be a teen, but her actual skin tone/face texture changed and seems to be blackened (looks burnt) over her lips/chin area and her upper cheekbones? Looks kinda like the shadow opacity is just wayyy too high for those areas but it also doesn't fit to her facial structure (I tried to put lipstick on her and her lips aren't where the texture is.) The rest of her is completely normal. I attempted to adjust this by using "Change Appearance" in a mirror to access CAS, but unfortunately I know you can't change the biology of a Sim through that. 

The rest of the Sims in that family and others have aged perfectly - including her brother who aged up straight after - so I'm unsure as to why she's the only one that's been affected and I'm curious as to whether it will remain if she ages further.

I'm running The Sims 4 through Origin on Windows 8, if that helps.

Message 1 of 7 (2,901 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Child aged up to Teen, face texture is broken

★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue. I fixed it by enabling cheats (testingcheats true) and then full edit mode (cas.fulleditmode)

I then right clicked on the sims to edit it in CAS and randomized the sim and it was gone. Then just changed her appearance so she looked right Standard smile 

Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (3,152 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using custom skins or or other downloads in your game ?

Does it look the same in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (2,896 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

I'm not using any custom downloads for this game and the texture is the same in CAS too! Has me baffled. Frown

Message 3 of 7 (2,890 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had the same issue. I fixed it by enabling cheats (testingcheats true) and then full edit mode (cas.fulleditmode)

I then right clicked on the sims to edit it in CAS and randomized the sim and it was gone. Then just changed her appearance so she looked right Standard smile 

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 7 (3,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PartlyAnimated wrote:

@crinrict wrote:

I'm not using any custom downloads for this game and the texture is the same in CAS too! Has me baffled. Frown

Could you upload the SIm to the Gallery so I can see if I can duplicate.

EDIT: Also with this game do you mean Sims 4 in general or that specific save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (2,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

@PartlyAnimated wrote:

@crinrict wrote:

Could you upload the SIm to the Gallery so I can see if I can duplicate.

EDIT: Also with this game do you mean Sims 4 in general or that specific save game ?

Sorry for not being specific! I did mean the whole game in general and not any specific save. I'll try and upload the Sim later on and will update Standard smile
Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Have uploaded the family to the Gallery (not sure if you could do only one Sim) but she's the child with black hair, Polly. 

Message 6 of 7 (2,864 Views)

Hero

OK, I'll check it out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,855 Views)