Chewie Event Description Not Matching Reality

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone X
OS Version 12.1.2
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 668-439-536
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug 7* event description states g12+ 7* chars to beat it. I have this but at over 60 tries, no success.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the same lineup I have.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I've spent over 2 hours straight attempting the 7* level of the Chewbacca event with my g12+ multi-zeta bounty hunter team. At 30 seconds-2 minutes a try, this is far over 60 attempts. 

I can't imagine EA SWGOH intended for us to have to try this many (and more since I haven't achieved it yet) tries to obtain 7* chewie. 

My lineup is zBoba Fett, zZam, Greedo, IG-88, Cad Bane. 

While I'm sure Bossk or another char would help, I don't have them & they're not required to beat this level. My point is that the description to beat the level doesn't match the reality of beating it. It's fine if they want particular characters to beat it but that should be stated or the team that I have should be able to beat it after a reasonable number of tries. 

Message 1 of 8 (472 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Chewie Event Description Not Matching Reality

Community Manager (retired)
While I understand the frustration, this is not a bug. It was designed to be a challenging event.

Maybe try to switch mods around your characters. There are quite a few videos posted on YouTube by our Game Changers and other players with strategies on how to beat this event using different lineups.

Hope this helps and happy holidays!

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (438 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)
While I understand the frustration, this is not a bug. It was designed to be a challenging event.

Maybe try to switch mods around your characters. There are quite a few videos posted on YouTube by our Game Changers and other players with strategies on how to beat this event using different lineups.

Hope this helps and happy holidays!
Message 2 of 8 (439 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I’ve tried switching mods, leaders, and trying various strategies. 

There are different lineups that I’m sure would be more effective but that’s kind of my point. 

I have a squad that fulfills the win conditions of the parameters of the event.

surely your idea of “challenging” is not meant to mean hours of repeatedly playing hoping for perfect RNG. That’s not challenging, that’s grinding for luck.

i would try a different squad if I had a different squad. If I had known that the event was not passable with my current squad, I would have built up other chars such as Dengar or Bossk. Instead, I trusted the description of the event which is clearly wrong. 

Its now been 3.5-4 hours of straight attempts.

Message 3 of 8 (426 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I’d also like to point out that I’ve been playing this for over 4 years without a bug report. I’m generally not one to complain. However, I feel that I was prepared for this event according to the description. Had I known the it would be impossible without Dengar/Bossk etc. or perfect RNG, I would have built up another char in anticipation of beating the event.
It’s a bug if an event that requires bounty hunters can’t reasonably be passed with bounty hunters.
If the team I’m using we’re the only bounty hunters to beat the event, there’d be an uproar.
Message 4 of 8 (423 Views)

★ Apprentice

For the record, I appreciate your post if for nothing more than as a warning.  I will be using Boss, but it has me thinking maybe building Dengar than just blowing smoke with Cad.  I hope 88 holds.

Message 5 of 8 (406 Views)

★★★★ Novice

88 and zam are the weakest. If you use Bossk and Dengar, you should be good.

its just frustrating to encounter an event that’s supoosedly for all of a class but really it’s for particular chars.

Message 6 of 8 (403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have to disagree with your answer.  I understand you want this to be a challenge, but its close to impossible.  Trying to beat a stage for hours upon hours is unrealistic. I have been playing the game for 3yrs, and never encountered an issue like this. It makes the game un-enjoyable.  I am not trying to complain just being truthful. I am also trying the different stratagies posted on you tube as well.

Message 7 of 8 (377 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here! Zboba, dengar, ig88, cad bane and greedo all g12 and z boba g12+ it's 24h of Tryes but everything I do is lose lose lose... it's not changeling if your characters dies before attack... I tried to change 3 times of mod (x2, efficiency and speed) same results ever really frustrating no fun no challenge

Message 8 of 8 (362 Views)