Chewbacca won't stop running during slam

by DarthFDG

Original Post

Chewbacca won't stop running during slam

Hero

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug After activating Chewie's slam (pressing F on PC), Chewie will start running, but won't stop when pressing F again.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DarthFDG
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 1/12/18
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 10:00 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Play as Chewie in HVV. 2. Initiate Ground Slam (press F) with enemies around. 3. After Chewie starts running, press F when he gets to the enemies.
What happens when the bug occurs? Chewie keeps running.
What do you expect to see? Slam the ground and damage those baddies!
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GTX 1060

sorry - don't have video

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 1 of 22 (3,411 Views)

Re: Chewbacca won't stop running during slam

★★ Guide
Thanks for making this post. This is a known bug that I've seen discussed elsewhere, but I haven't seen a report here until now.
Message 2 of 22 (3,331 Views)

EA DICE Team
This bug is a bit vague however it has been forwarded through to the team to investigate further. Thanks!
Message 3 of 22 (3,322 Views)

Hero

@T0TALfps wrote:
This bug is a bit vague however it has been forwarded through to the team to investigate further. Thanks!

@T0TALfps - Instead of just saying it’s vague, how ‘bout you educate people on what would make it less vague?

Man, you guys need some serious training on customer communications!  Frown

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 4 of 22 (3,306 Views)

★★ Guide

Possibly related is this post, in which @RashBustin says:

"Han Solo Shoulder Charge and Chewbacca's Slam Charge abilities are bugged in a sense that when you use them before they end, they cast again making you run even further."

Additionally, the narrator in this YouTube video discusses the charge slam starting at 6:17 and states:

"This has been a widespread issue that people have been voicing their complaints about for the past few days, but the charge slam is currently very inconsistent. Many times you'll activate it and rush forward, and when you try to activate it to slam, nothing will happen. Chewbacca will just keep running until he runs into something or just falls off the edge of a map. I've experienced this a handful of times already."

Message 5 of 22 (3,296 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DarthFDG wrote:

@T0TALfps wrote:

@T0TALfps - Instead of just saying it’s vague, how ‘bout you educate people on what would make it less vague?

Man, you guys need some serious training on customer communications!  Frown

I was actually referring to the bug itself rather than the content of the bug report, but thanks for that!

Message 6 of 22 (3,283 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for mentioning me and glad to be a helping hand to you and the devs team.

Message 7 of 22 (3,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
I play on XB1, so maybe this would work with other controls too. On xb1, slam is RB, so if u jump then RB, slam is immediate. Or tap RB 1st time to activate charge then 2nd time to activate slam. I personally just found out that Charge Slam has 2 stages, like a detonating a turret. Hope it helps. 🤞🏻
Message 8 of 22 (3,246 Views)

Hero

@bavisser1 wrote:
I play on XB1, so maybe this would work with other controls too. On xb1, slam is RB, so if u jump then RB, slam is immediate. Or tap RB 1st time to activate charge then 2nd time to activate slam. I personally just found out that Charge Slam has 2 stages, like a detonating a turret. Hope it helps. 🤞🏻

In your example its "activate slam" we're talking about.  It doesn't work sometimes - i.e. he just keeps running.

Message 9 of 22 (3,242 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Me too - on PS4 I've had this happen a few times and its meant death for me instead of what should have been finishing blows for multiple enemies in HvV
Message 10 of 22 (3,220 Views)